What's new

ghettofabulous 4 banger Spare Parts grow of SoCal Kings Kush.

toohighmf

Veteran
this thread is a use what you got kinda grow. While I still need a Carbon filter, RO, and some co2 crap, I'm keeping this really small & simple (for me). I'm going to go against some things I preach and not really being the most efficient either, but it was a free space to use and is conducive to grow some pot.

I am extremely limited on power. I have about 20 amps already dedicated from the panel, and have 30 more available after moving some circuits around and freeing up some space for a 30a dual pole 240v. breaker.

I have 4 ancient SS, hydrofarm, and Diamond 1000w HPS ballasts
4 new hortilux bulbs, and some 1x used CAP luminaire 8" hoods that I will be sealing completely with silicone. Due to the lack of amperage, a large AC is out of the question, and I'm saving my chiller and tubes for the big project after this one.

I will be dependent on the cool night air and 2 8" 700 cfm inlines to remove all the Ambient heat, and will rely on a 1/2 ton window unit that happens to be sitting in what will be my control/lung room. oscillating fans to cool radiant heat & air moving. Res will be in the room as I cannot run a res to/from my NFT gulleys in this application remotely without being a total pain in the arse.

I am going to run 2 8' rows of 6 5" NFT tubes, covering a 6x16' area. hoping for 25-30 clones per light. If I can't pull that many, or buy enough SSSDH kids, I will have no choice but to veg.. what a friggin waste of time and energy! The moms in these photos are 2 months old grown under 4 65 w CFLs. and just giving them food about a month ago. (FFOF) they have been under HID light for about 14 hours now and are friggin lovin it!

For ferts, I'm going w what I had sitting in my yard for the last 3 years. came off my old shop's shelves 5 years. after 3 summers and winters, in the sun, and the cold, light, and dark, my B'cuzz AB and pk 13/14 are smelling right, looking right, and NOTHING has precipitated.

Been vegging with w great success.. I'm going to use the shit and show all the fancy pants additive crazy people out there that calmg(RO), base, and a simple booster of a kosher NPK will do EVERYTHING, a complicated expensive reg will with minimal (expired) nutrients. I doubt I will ever get over 800ppm @ .70 conversion. I am looking for a nice big res or 2, so I change my ferts out about 3x before running a 10+ day flush of pure water and molasses. I am going to run heavy amounts of Humic and fulvic acid. from HUMAX. it's cheap and will be my premiere additive. If I find my old bottle of B'cuzz bloom, I'll use it, but I will not buy it. Silica for PH up. that's it.

I'm not buying anything major for this grow except a big ass filter. just some Insulation board, fender washers, some PVC, elbows, Tees etc, as well as some wire, breaker and a relay to wire up a GCC1 display dummy into an MLC-4 w 4 120 outlets controlled by rheostat swtches already mounted in the controller. I have a dummy PPM-3 co2 controller that needs a infared sniffer and power supply w piggyback cord.

For construction, I need to insulate a garage door, and some windows. create a light trap entry way from panda film and a tent zipper. as well as duct and Air cool the 4 hoods I hung last night. I also need to run the power, but that's the fun stuff. no flips. no chiller.. just aircooled, co2 augmented NFT simplicity.

Here's what I did yesterday.
paint and reflective go up today, and I still gotta move those records and desk to bring in my NFT tubes

Please forgive the mess. just clearing an area to mom was hard enough. Next shots, the room will be white, w reflective up, Swept, insulated etc. I'm out on a milk crate mission to throw some 2x4's on top of to drop my NFT system in the middle of the room. hopefully it will be up by the end of the week.

Chopping kids tonight. let's pray I can pull enough!
:thank you:

Attachments

• GHETTO1.jpg
    GHETTO1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
  • ghettto2.jpg
    ghettto2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
  • female2
    female2
    49.5 KB · Views: 21
  • femalepic
    femalepic
    65 KB · Views: 14

vprising909

hey too high, i just wanted to commend you on the way your plants look. there is no substitute for that dark, healthy green that I see in the pics you posted. well fed and good light, they look really happy! judging by the leaf shapes they are relatively young for their size, way to go.

toohighmf

Veteran
thanks! they have been under 65w CFL's lol! they just got real light around 11pm yesterday.
room is a bit warm around 84, and I'm a little worried the AC & the 1k off the same circuit, so I'm just going run some power ASAP. might have to aircool 1 friggin light for now otherwise..

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
hey too high, like the looks of those for-sho!, your set up sounds similar to one that i rocked when a spot was presented to me that i couldnt turn down, best of luck with the "ghetto grow"

toohighmf

Veteran
thanks for stopping by TS. I'm hoping to have things up and tight by the end of next week. timer is built, infared sniffer is on its way. Fans coming directly from chengzhen china next week. didn't get around to painting yesterday, as the timer took longer than I thought. gonna run out n grab a roller, insul board, breaker, wire, and knock out that entry light trap before I start on the system.

vprising909

a real pro can do it ghetto style better than a chump can grow with all the bozo gimmicks.

gotta love it man. let's just hope the temps don't kill your mojo.

toohighmf

Veteran
I was gonna call it "4000 Watts Of Shit Yer Pants" and forgot mid joint.. then I thought since I don't have my fancy shit or a budget of any sort, I better just go ghettofab. if this grow was a city, I'd go w Atlanta GA, or possibly inglewood CA.. maybe Surrey Canada.. this room reminds me of a 74 duster on chrome 24''s and a two tone metallic home spray paint complete w gold painted grill and 4000w sound system.

Scrogerman

Veteran
V-Nice TooH, Hope you have a Great Grow bro! i'll be following along for the ride! ;) G'Luck!
Are those little CFL's the little Blue ones, or they UVC or similar?

toohighmf

Veteran
thanks scrogerman. They are home depot specials. those moms were 12" when I got em, and all I had here was those CFL's I trimmed under once. a little training and proper ferts made em jump! I havent taken a single cut off em yet. just keep turning the bucket and pinching. they are loving the 1000w. went from feeding 1x a week to daily in 2 days under HIDs If my T5 & 200w CFL wasn't ripped off I would just veg under that, but I must say, HID makes em grow like nuts. whoever said soil is slow, is simply over watering in my opinion.

toohighmf

Veteran
never send a drunk to do a growers job no matter how small.. I called the owner of the space for this grow sat night. I asked him to simply split a gallon of pre mixed ferts to fed my moms while at my woman's house for the weekend. I called him and asked if I he could do this extremely simple task. he agreed. I came home the next day and everything was wilted pretty bad. Looked at the pre mixed gallon and it wasnt touched. the pots weighed nothing. I immediately sprayed them down w some ferts and some superthrive. one looks like its geting crispy, and the other may pull through. when I asked WTF happened, he simply shrugged it off to hanging out w some chick n being wasted. not remembering he said he was on top of it. I want to kill right now. I was going to take cuts off my big mom to ensure I had plenty and now I just pray she snaps out of it.. what a clusterfuck... so pissed. the excuse of being wasted is not a good enough excuse for me. looks like I'm going to need to go buy some cuts and do everything..

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
thats fucked man

toohighmf

Veteran
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
thats fucked man

I got fucked, while he got laid...

these girls aren't lookin too hot. just wating for the soil to dry out to go to extreme measures. I'm gonna try to jumpstart their hearts w some a hot dose of bloom food to encourage some root growth. turned off the HID and have back under CFL's. figure bringing the temps down and lowering the intensity of the light may help. They were my only moms in the state. shoulda seen shan.. fuck.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
First off, nice setup sir!

..sucks about your buddy. Learned it a while ago, ONLY rely on yourself ;)

The world is fucked up for a reason:

Human beings are pathetic!

And sometimes your "friends" are full of jealousy which shows up in events as this.

Dynamite

with all the elite genetics these days on the west coast how do you think your old pre-93 bubba would stack up against them potency wise ?

Latest posts

Latest posts