What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

166w Rubbermaid Bonanza purple style

padawan

Well after lurking for the past 6 mths and 1 grow under my belt with this system.(1oz 1 plant) I decided to share my pleasant bagseed surprise.

Heres the Settup.

3 42w 2700k cfl
1 40w 2700k cfl

Ocean forest uncut soil(experimenting straight out of the bag w/o added perlite)

Foxfarm growbig tigerbloom and big bloom plus beastie bloomz and cha ching.

Here we are on say 52 flower after 21 day veg

These tubs are modeled after the lifeless design. So simple a caveman could do it. Id like to personally thank lifeless for his inspiration.

The starin is unknown schwagseed from the worst looking buds you ever seen. Mexibrick bullschwa. But look at this after day 30 the plants starting turning purple from the fanleaves in. Honestly folks Im in love for life. The resin smells like skittles candy.

Plant on the left had nitrogen toxicity which froze it for about 2 weeks. I flushed her and have been feeding just big bloom and now shes following her sister and turning purple too.

I topped once and tied down main branches to form my canopy. I suppercropped my main barnches to allow the lower ones to catch up.

Unfortunately I planned on the strain to stretch up around my lights but they barely stretched at all.So we have about 6 inches of wasted vertical stretch and alot of missed penetration.

Sorry bout the pics but ill get better with the camera as the grow moves on.

I learned it all here at icmag. Thank you google

Thanks for looking and any thoughts are appreciated

PA160002.jpg

PA160011.jpg

PA160007.jpg

PA160003.jpg

Last edited:

padawan

thanks for stopping by akira and cheesebudz

followed the fox farm feeding schedule at 1/4 strength to half strength

dont like ocean forest straight. Next grow ill be doing a 50/50 ocean forest and light warrior with about a 70/30 perlite cut. I want to increase my drainage thus increasing my feeding. Plus i don't think i got the root mass i was looking for because of the space between drying and lack of aeration around the roots. Oh and by the way they are both in 1 gallon pots. 31 gallon rubbermaids.

I have another settup for veg where i do 3 42w 6500k cfls. All in all Temps stay 5 degrees above ambient So the little computer fans are working just fine.

Sometimes and I say sometimes less light is more. (as far as heat is concerned)

virago420

Looks very nice my friend! Your doing a good job. Should be a sweet harvest. Man what a cheap way to grow these rubbermaid totes are. Complete setup cant cost more than $60-70. And lifeless had some huge hauls out of his. Ill be following along. Peace

padawan

thanks for stopping by virago

lifeless yields is what got me convinced that cfls will actually work at a micro level.

Also I am a big fan of keeping it as simple as possible. And thats what really inspired me to do it. The fact that I could do it.

At the time i was naive and that hid lighting would flag leo. So it was really amazing seeing it go down in a rubbermaid.

Now I see everything differently. I look at dressers and cupboards as grow areas. I stare at plants in nature to analyze there growth patterns and structure.

Quite a paradigm shift if i might say

Budweaver

Thick little beasts you got there. I know what you mean about seeing things differently...I really wish I could share my love of growing with my RL friends, but you know how security has to rule, can't even tell my best friend "just in case". I'd much rather be hanging out face to face, passing a doob sharing grow secrets and "back in the day" stories of past harvests or failures. I hope I live to see it legal.

Hella THC

:woohoo: Gotta love the Rubbermaids. Got one going myself. Check out the link in my sig if you wish. Lifeless and RedGreenery were my inspirations as well!

Lookin good for sure!

- Hella

padawan

reverev313 thanks i like you sour diesel shots Me=jealous

Budweaver thanks for stopping in. One day medical will be accepted but i dont see it any other way. Not with this government.

Hella THC your babies are looking green . the red tub seemed a little daunting so when i found lifeless design i knew i could do it.

My first grow was sativa dominant bagseed that stretched beyond my control. I messed up my nute schedule and harvested waaaaaayyyyyyy too early. But I still got a oz my own grown weed. Im hooked Im never going back

Built a veg cab to keep a couple moms and cuttings. Im gonna reveg the lady on the right. I also got some so called og kush seedlings sprouted. I guess there from a hermie method. I doubt it though.

Heres some pics just to give a better idea of the settup

PA200001.jpg

PA200002.jpg

PA200003.jpg

PA200005.jpg

glad to be here

:joint:

padawan

thanks for dropping by scrubninja. I learned alot lurking around your posts.

Im glad I learned how to do it first without a screen. Anybody know the advantages of a screen or if you could just train like a mofo like i did. It seems they have similar designs.

Mk3Jetta

Those look TASTY!!!

cant wait for a final harvest report. Whatever you are doing, continue because it looks like its working.

NJ padawan!