What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

humboldtlocals outdoor '09

H

humboldtlocal

Thought I would post some pics of my gardens here as well since I have only been posting them in the harvesting and processing section. I will also show my greenhouses because I consider it outdoor as well. I will try to keep the trimming and drying pics in the other thread.

This is why I am desperate to get to humboldt. I am so sick of having to hide behind closed doors and worry all the time. I have heard it is quite expensive to find a place to rent there that is reasonable...I want a rural area to grow and my daughter and I both could easily qualify for med cards. If you can tell me the least costly way to get started there, I would appreciate it.

If we could rent a small home and begin a grow I know we could make enough to live. I have a steady but small income for life, and can make about 25k a year or so without ganja proceeds...so how hard is it? I am willing to work hard and develop a place and know the basic skills..so is Humboldt really that great or is it past the glory days? thanks for any help.

johnnyla

Veteran
yeah i would be happy to live somewhere where i could just grow my six limit but grow monsters. i thought the scene was busted up in Humboldt but i guess not.

seems like that and Mendocino and Sonoma counties are the places to be if you have a green thumb.

nomaad

Veteran
yeah i would be happy to live somewhere where i could just grow my six limit but grow monsters. i thought the scene was busted up in Humboldt but i guess not.

seems like that and Mendocino and Sonoma counties are the places to be if you have a green thumb.

Personally, i think mendo and humboldt are blown up. harder to find a place where the property owner doesn't want a piece. more expensive. etc. however... the safety in numbers factor helps you out. every other property there is a grow... and on the other side of the ridge from you, there is a 14,000 plant "mexican mafia" grow... so a farm that size is somewhat invisible to the copters. if you watch the movies, you'll head for mendo or humboldt... good luck. if you need a place by may, I suggest you start looking now. LOL. Humboldt. Thanks for the thread... somehow, i have never checked out your other threads... good to see your project in broader strokes. Very nice. Looks like a Humboldt 99 to me. Now that that's out of the way, please give up your secret as to why your plants are so far along compared to mine (same strains)...

H

humboldtlocal

The secret to getting early plants is grow at least forty different strains and hundreds of plants and you are sure to get some early ones.;)
I finally figured out how to take some good close ups (thanks Nomaad).
PTW x VIP

Purple Train Wreck/Grapefruit x Grapefruit/Purple

PTW x Grapefruit

Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Grapefruit/Blackberry

More trimming tomorrow and I still have not got a chance to shoot my big plants and other greenhouse so still lots more to share.:joint:

H

humboldtlocal

As far as moving to Humboldt, unless you know people here who are going to vouch for you, don't bother. If you think you are just going to move here and start doing what I am doing think again. This did not happen over night and people here do not like newcomers and you will not be welcomed with open arms. Not trying to be harsh but think things through. This is not the safest place and people move here and get way over there heads real quick. You know what they say "come to Humboldt for a vacation, leave on probation".

wow very nice gardens..and i agree with what humblocal says about moving to humboldt.. we dont live there but i know its hella expensive, tons of rippers,easy to get busted bc theres soooo many copters if u have a huge outdoor... def try to know someone before moving there. there are many other areas of cali that are less cop populated and perfect for growing herb. research it.

Dank-j

Nice to see those girls enjoying the REAL sun, I bet they feel appritiated not tucked behind trees and the normal incognito routine.

Oh, I have few pair of scissors if you pay for the gas.. :p

As far as moving to Humboldt, unless you know people here who are going to vouch for you, don't bother. If you think you are just going to move here and start doing what I am doing think again. This did not happen over night and people here do not like newcomers and you will not be welcomed with open arms. Not trying to be harsh but think things through. This is not the safest place and people move here and get way over there heads real quick. You know what they say "come to Humboldt for a vacation, leave on probation".

I do not understand this comment??? It is somewhat legal there...the rest of us are in shity states that prosecute for multi-year sentences that ruin peoples lives and families for a 1/10th of what you are doing.

Yeah, I get it... don't want Banger's, Rippers and very bad individuals... and such moving in and preying on the local's; But Man just telling everyone to stay away is a pretty broad statement. For one thing I bet 50% of the population that you consider local hasn't been there more than 5 years. For the rest (Old Timers) I guess it is a right of passage.
I have looked at property around Northern California, and I got to tell ya... It Ain't Cheap...So moving in would be treated like starting up a legit business with a lot of money involved. But then you get the attitude..."Stay The Fuck Away!" We shall see...not going to let anyone from another part of the U.S. tell me I am not welcome....(Soften tone hear) not trying to be hard.. I have lived in the Mountains in other parts of the country, basically considered a foreigner for the first year, but man the culture and life style suits me much better than corporate America and fake people...

I get it...trust me I get it, some white cracker moves in strung out on Meth and starts pissing on everyone toes.... wanting this... who is that guy...an such. Next thing you know the guys has 500 plants started in his backyard, why? because man I live in Humboldt and I am going to make a shit load of money..like everyone else does Next,the county task force is moving in and making everyone's life involved miserable around them....

BTW, your grow is impressive and in general find growers very laid back amongst friends....I suspect it is due to the nature and the consequences of such an endeavor that brings out the Negative Vibe...

Just re-read your post...You did state to just think things through.....

Puff Puff Pass!:joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts