What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DP Master Kush under a 1k

Bush Grower

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I unhooked the light in the closet & wired an extension chord to power the light & fan:
picture.php

This is the carbon filter which goes into the ballast box (made to muffle ballast sound). From there the air goes to the fan, then finally through the light and out the ceiling vent.
picture.php

Plant view (I unhooked the A/C from the vent so I can vent into the attic.)
picture.php

Supplies:
GH 3part nutes
GH ph up/down, EJ ph up/down
Olivias Cloning Solution (gel)
Rockwool cubes for clones
Milwaukee Instruments PH & PPM meter
1k HPS & MH Conversion Bulb
Soil: Scotts Seed Starting Soil (low fert), Bone Meal, Blood Meal, & Perlite.
picture.php

My baby:
picture.php

picture.php

Any questions/comments/concerns? I'm all ears.

Bush Grower

ps: why are the images not showing up?? any ideas? I used the image button and pasted the link to the pic in my album.

Bush Grower

:dance:

Here's a pic of one of the main shoots popping out. I thought she looked like she has had tooo much nitrogen since I transplanted her into the 37" pot. I am only going to give her water the next week or so.
picture.php

I have been practicing LST/Supercrop since she was very little. I have lost a few branches/fan leaves/the main shoot once or twice. oooops. She will be OK though. Here's a pic of one of those mess ups. This one is going to live... hooray!
picture.php

Last but not least, here she is all bent over ;)
picture.php

Stay safe,
:joint:

Bush Grower

She looks perkier today although she is still showing signs of over fertilization. I'm still just gonna give her water the next couple weeks and watch her grow :joint:

I tied more nodes down/further... I will continue to until I flip the switch. I am debating on whether or not I should throw a screen over her??? I think I'm doing an alright enough job on the LST that it might not be neccesary. What do you think?

The Top
3-update.jpg

Side View
3-Vert.jpg

Bush Grower

:joint:

I've had some problems keeping temps down with the 1k. So, there are some leaf spots/burnt up leaves. All in all she is pretty healthy and there are a ton of new nodes popping up. All of the new growth looks nice and healthy.

I have a water cooled cool tube that I'm going to put in when I switch to 12/12. Unfortunately, my MH bulb won't fit in it. :fsu:

picture.php

Thesius44

Not bad at all brotha!...I currently too have a nice MK mom going...a buddy brought some clones back via plane :yoinks: about a year ago and we've been loving it since...mine grows so lush i have to cut a lot of foliage off of it to allow the buds to fill up in flower can't wait to see how you do with yours i use foxfarm organics with happy frog soil and she seems to never get over ferted loves to eat and eat and pack on huuuuge colas! congrats man you'll do just fine

AinSophAur

Doing good so far. She is not bushy at all which is why she isn't eating as much. I would suggest you top each new shoot instead of bending her so much. Also it appears you aren't crushing the stem on both sides before you bend, this seperates the fibers so when you bend they wont snap. Let her stretch out a good foot before you bend those new shoots over. the longer the stem the easier it is to bend over.

syze

Looks good, are you really running a 1k lamp? She must be slowed tremendously through the super cropping and what ever other things youve been practicing. Good to see someone shows theyre methods and ups n downs. Keep it green, should be a nice one, peace -syze-

Bush Grower

A little background on my plant: I had 4 others growing in my dresser this summer. I was working out of state so I had limited time to work on my plants (once every 2 weeks). I had turned up the A/C to save a little money and it worked fine all summer until we got a week of 110+ weather. I came home and all 4 burnt up to a crisp except this one in the pics. She's a survivor. :joint:

Thesius44 - Glad to here your MK mom has suited you well. I am def. taking some clones to keep the genetics around. I hope I have a winner like you... I am liking her so far.

AinSophAur - Thanks for the advice. I have topped her once, but it was on accident lol... I snapped the main shoot right off. I was planning on taking some clones soon. Maybe I should go ahead an do it and kill two birds with one stone (top/clone).

HeD333 - I'm going to keep training her out. I might even top some more shoots. Who knows. Thanks for the compliment :joint: !!

syze - Yep I'm running a 1k. I 've got it covering about a 4x4 area. My closet is actually bigger than that but the shelves are permanent and I would have to tear them out & then put them back in when I move out. I definitely make mistakes- I'm not an expert. I just wanted to chronicle my grow because I never have before. Thanks for stoppin' in.

5-update.jpg

5-side2.jpg

5-biggg.jpg

syze

Right on, we all make mistakes, believe it. But through your trials you will at sometime find the best for your grow op. so keep up the good work, and when you are super cropping you dont want your plant looking so bruised or torn apart, I always do it so the cell walls slightly break between my fingers, but just slightly, so dont over do it that the stem becomes mushy. Then slightly bend the plant and then stake it back up. You dont need to over damage it, as long as the plant is slightly damaged it will rebuild and strengthen its walls with cellulose and protect the rest of itself with producing more cellulose in the cells. A total stress out is never good for a plant, they can also go into shock. Greets -syze-

Bush Grower

:chin: ... I topped about 70% of all the new branches due to earlier recommendation and partly because I wanted to see what would happen. Actually, they recommended to top all of the new shoots... I have never done this before and was too scared to cut off too much. So I ended up topping around 70% of the new growth. I topped her last weekend.

Before I watered, I needed to pull some of the branches back... there was no where to pour the water!
6-prewater.jpg

A shoot I topped
6-top.jpg

The big picture
6-bigpicture.jpg

I think the new growth looks kind of yellow which I was thinking was a nitrogen deficiency. I wasn't sure, so I only watered with a mild fertilizer solution. Maybe it's just stressed because of all the topping? any thoughts?
6-newnodes.jpg

Good vibes,
BG :joint:

Bush Grower

I checked the extension cord and it's 16/3. I guess I could bump it up to 16/2 just to bed safe. I think I might be pushing it with a 9.5a light + 1.5a fan.

After reading your suggestion I read around and supposedly 10amps is a safe limit for 16/3 extension chords. I will try to upgrade ASAP.

It has been running 2+ weeks and I haven't had any problems. It is kind of warm, but I think it is heat from the 1k bulb. I'll be installing a water cooled system to cut down on heat (and hopefully energy consumption) soon.

Any other thoughts?:joint:

Bush Grower

I have been battling with the temps in my closet.
:dueling:

I tried a lot of different configurations to try and control the heat including borrowing my friend's water cooled cool tube. My chiller (1/10 HP) was not able to cool the 45 gallon res and water temps pushed 115+. :yoinks:

The temps got so bad (they were pushing 90) that I had to downgrade to my 250w HPS for a little while until I could figure everything out. I ended up breaking down and buying a portable A/C. EDIT: PS... since I added the A/C, I am now running everything off of 2 different 20amp circuits for safety.

All of the switching of the lights and battling with the temperatures has kind of stressed my plant out. The heat, random light cycles, and all of the topping I did a couple weeks ago has stressed my baby out. I would have to shut everything down randomly due to heat and switching the light or ventilation configuration every now and then to find something that worked.

I noticed she has been a little slow growing because of the stress, but she is looking healthy and filling in well. Compare the pics at the top of this page with this one... itt has been under 2 weeks since then. I think she looks a lot happier now. It is for this reason that I have decided to hold off at least another week before flowering so she can be stress free when I flip the switch.

Anyways... I also upgraded all extension chords to 12 gauge for fire safety!! Pure Knowledge had suggested this a couple posts ago and I thought it to be a good idea. Thanks man!

Temps are holding steady now at 75
7-ac.jpg

She is getting biggggeeerrrr!! I think that's how it's supposed to work, right?
7-update.jpg

Stay safe bros

Over and out :abduct:

Bush Grower

Day 1 Flowering:

Due to my plans for the holidays, I needed to go ahead and switch her over to flowering. I know the screen is not as full as it should be before flipping the switch on an Indica, however I had no choice. I think I can fill up most of the screen and I don't think I need to worry about yield... I will have plenty as it's all for me!! lol :joint:

I am still supercropping the occasional branch that's out of place, but there will be no more topping/fiming. In fact, it has been over a couple weeks since I've done that anyways.. I've read its good to eliminate as much stress as possible 1 week prior to flowering.

The screen:
8-day1_flowering.jpg

The plant:
8-day1floweringg.jpg

Strap on yer seat belt... we're about to kick it into :joint:HIGH:joint: gear!!