What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me decide what to grow, late season greenhouse grow

H

headfortrinity

I've been given the go ahead to start some outdoor plants in my greenhouse. I know it's late in the season but at least I'll get something out of it. I'm looking for a decent harvest, I live in Northern California so late season weather shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure if I will get any veg time or if they will go directly into flower. We get about 14 hours of daylight right now according to the newspaper, and the greenhouse is in full sun all day so the best I'll get is maybe a month of veg time. Just want some nice meds for personal use cause I'm a poor boy.

Here's what I have right now: three seedlings of purple voodoo about a month old not sexed yet, one CH9 female mixed indica seedling about a week old and a nice clone called black about a month into flower. All are planted in organicare coco/soil mix and in a cfl flowering cabinet on 12/12 from seed.

I can have 6 plants, so should I put these plants in the greenhouse, to finish? Ditch the seedlings and get four clones from the club? Ditch the smallest seedling and get a couple clones?

Or maybe start one more seed?
In seeds I have: purple voodoo, godberry, WWxVictory, GrapefruitxVictory x THUNK, Crazy X mystery mixed, GN Auction mix, Mazar I Sharif, Purple Kush, or CH9 Female mix of fast flowering indicas.

If I get some clones or start more seed I can run them in a hydro setup. If so here's the hydro systems I have: RDWC, Perlite drip, NFT, or E/F with hydroton.

I'm undecided, too many options, oh happy days!!!:woohoo:
Thanks for the help

Hello there. From the desert sage in Okanogan counrty I am also starting to germinate a few seeds right now. I have some Mazar I Sharif that I am germinating with some Walkabout seeds from Mr Nice. The Mazar's should ripen up ok even with a late start. That is what I am hoping for anyways. I have heard that though they are listed as 6-8 weeks flowering time, by letting them flower and extra week or so would maximize resin output. Purple Kush and the Ch9's as well sound like winners as well as I am finishing my first indoor run and will be harvesting some Ch9 female mix pack seeds. Regards.

H

headfortrinity

Thanks for stopping in okanogan, the mazar does sound good I'm going to make a few seeds from them so I can work with the breed sometime down the road. I recently discovered seedbay and now I have way too many seeds to grow
I've been thinking about buying some of those walkabout seeds for awhile I like the name and they sound like some nice pure sativa, are you going to do a log? I would love to see how they turn out. How do you like the ch9 mix? the aroma and green bud strains look pretty good. :joint:

Hi there. I was thinking about doing some sort of log on this run of plants as it would surely help me learn as a new grower and recognize any mishaps or mistakes along the way like my first indoor run that is a work in progress. I like the female seeds that I have been growing as it is a heartbreak for me to cultivate the males only to cut them down when they show their balls. However I do know that without the boys there would be no true breeding going on which is both natural and essential to genetic diversity. As for the Ch9 mix I have some nice examples nearing the finish with some sticky crystal covered colas. Regards.

H

headfortrinity

What I ended up with is: bubba kush, black, blueberry and romulan from clone. And I kept the ch9 female seeds plant and the best looking purple voodoo plant. I'm going to start a log soon, my camera broke so I'm going to have to borrow one.