What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unknown New York City strain.

KarMic

Hello ICer's,

A family member of mine came back from NYC, and brought with him 14 seeds he got out of two ounces of weed, that he described as dank and fruity smelling. I asked him about the taste and he looked at me puzzled and said it tasted "like weed", lol. So anyway, I questioned him about the high, and he said it was mostly in the head (no couchlock, 'til the end of the high), and that two joints would leave him and his buddy baked for around 2 hours.

As for the beans themselves, they definitely look viable, they're dark brown/black in color with no stripes, and they're bigger than your regular hybrid/indica dom. seeds; which leads me to believe they'll be big plants.

I did a little research, and NYH (New York Haze) comes up a lot.

So for those who know a little about the NYC scene; what could this be?

BTW, I just put the seeds in some tap water with a little h2o2... :joint:

Dout it's NY Haze,,, Ny Haze should be seedless!
Anything that's seeded is "commerical",,,
Or one of the growers females hermed on him and he didn't see the male flower!?! Which in turn pollenated shimself or the others around shim!??!

If the later is the case,,,If planted, most seeds should turn out female or Hermi!

Dark brown/black seeds almost always indicate Sativa lines!

There's almost no true way of telling what you have,,, unless you know the grower and he knows the strain,,, All's not lost though,,, Yes, plant the seeds and see what you get, out of 14 seeds roughly half should be female!
And by all means If your not 100% sure it's NY Haze do not get your mind set on labeling it as such.... I 2 went thru this headache when I planted bagseeds, trying to figure out what it was, and where it came from???,,,,, you won't get very far if you go down that road,,,, closest you'll get is if it's sativa dominant or Indica dominant,,,,

Maybe someone else can chip in, and explain better then I can?

KarMic

thanks for the reply BBB!

I thought about the hermie thing...I sure hope I get at least one good male.

I'll probably have more luck IDing these once they get bigger. Whatever they are, I hope they're fire. Also I have my fingers crossed this isn't some 20 week strain! Ugh.

KarMic

Why looking for a male? Breeding project?

Jah BLess
GM

Yeah, I'd like to keep this strain alive, since I don't have any sativa dominant gear. I'll probably cross it to a Dr Atomic NL (Female)xNirvana AK-48 (Male) I just made; I culled the male and I'm waiting for the female to finish.

I know some will question the use of the ak-48. I'll say that this plant is super fast (not as potent as SSAK47 though); as in, 10-15% amber trichs @ day 50ish flower. And on top of that I have a bunch of AK-48 F2's.

So what I had in mind was (AtomicNLxAK48) x Unknown, or AK-48xUnknown.

KarMic

Update!!

Update!!

Got home to some lovely sprouts :woohoo: ; man! these haven't been in their soaking water for 36 hours and already I got some sprouts...I'm very happy, needless to say!

Photos of the sprouts and my NL that'll soon yeild my NLxAK48 cross :joint:

Edit- the NL is at week 4 12/12, in 11L pot w/promix...overfed

Attachments

• PIC-001.jpg
    PIC-001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5
  • PIC-002.jpg
    PIC-002.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 8

mojojojo

good luck sounds like fun.
ive got one of my nicest plants from a seed i found in a bag of diesel
from walsenburg colorado.

KarMic

good luck sounds like fun.
ive got one of my nicest plants from a seed i found in a bag of diesel
from walsenburg colorado.

Yeah, I've read some grow stories about bagseed...people finding some real gems, but we shall see.

I'll keep updating my progress.

KarMic

Update

Update

I potted up 9 seedlings...all but 2 seem to be doing just fine.

Also, some pics of a little grow I got going on in my balcony. Enjoy.

Attachments

• PIC-0383.jpg
    PIC-0383.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PIC-0384.jpg
    PIC-0384.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 13
  • PIC-0387.jpg
    PIC-0387.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02055
    DSC02055
    72.8 KB · Views: 10

KarMic

Day 17 veg

Day 17 veg

Small update....these babies are doin' just fine.

Hoping for some fire and a resonable flower time.

Attachments

• PIC-0389.jpg
    PIC-0389.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PIC-0391.jpg
    PIC-0391.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
  • PIC-0392.jpg
    PIC-0392.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Latest posts