What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

NateDizz

UFC, WEC, Strikeforce, K-1, Bellator, Dream, Sengoku, Shooto, Tachi Palace Fights, etc, etc, etc.

Title says it all - anything and everything Mixed Martial Arts!

Nordle

why the old thread get locked and moved?

anyway.

coture and nogera ufc 101

nate marquart fightin as well, lookin forward to watchin him again after his last fight

HookaHittaH

The Free UFC fight this sat on spike should be pretty good. The Clay Guida fight should be a brawl. His last fight he barely squeaked out a win over the much smaller nate diaz. Nate is fighting again on this card. I like him a lot more than his cocky brother nick. I think he just needs to let his hands go a little bit more. I hope that guy from the USA team knocks that guy from the UK out. I cant believe how sav that guy Frankie from the US was on the show. He had 3 fights in 3 weeks. No wonder he was tired after the first round. Did you see when hes teeth got knocked out and were stuck in his mouth piece? Then he had to keep fighting of would lose the fight. That guy will deff be fighting in the UFC even though he lost on the show. That's all heart you cant teach that. Half those guys don't have the heart he showed.

NateDizz

why the old thread get locked and moved?

The old thread got locked because me and Mrs.Babba decided that a thread for MMA as a whole rather than just for the UFC and the defunct Pride would hopefully influence more talk of MMA outside of just the UFC, as well as confine all MMA chat to one large thread. Seeing as how there are literally dozens of other promotions with top tier world class talent and so much happening outside of the UFC, it made sense to close that thread and start one that will hopefully have broader discussion.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im looking forward to the Carano vs Cyborg fight! Not sure why[I know why guys like it heheh] maybe cuz they dont fight very often but those girls can kick ass!! Gina is an awesome fighter, shes very entertaining to watch!
We are friends with Nick and Nates uncle [Nick is named after him] so its kinda cool to talk to him when we see him and ask about his nephews.
Get your fight on!!! hahaha
mrsb

NateDizz

A couple of decent cards happening tonight for anyone interested.

The second installment of Strikeforce's ShoMMA Challenger series will be on Showtime tonight at 10, headlined by Joey Villasenor (fighting out of Greg Jackson's camp) and Chute Boxe's Evangelista Santos.

The one fight I'm really looking forward too though is top-15 welterweight Nick Thompson's 50th bout against former Special Forces Green Beret Tim Kennedy at middleweight. Nick has fought at middleweight before with mixed results but he has been training with alot of big guys including Brock Lesnar, so it'll be interesting to see how his performace turns out. Kennedy on the other hand hasn't fought in 18 months since before leaving for his last tour in Afghanistan. Alot of variables in this one and it could go either way. Expect an exciting fight.

Also, Bellator Fighting Championships will be hosting their lightweight and middleweight tournament finals tonight to crown the first respective champions in the new organization. 3rd ranked lightweight in the world Eddie Alvarez will be competing against Toby Imada for one of the belts and a $100,000 purse. Imada was a huge underdog in the semi-finals against Jorge Masvidal but he came from behind with an inverted triangle choke in the 3rd round that could be submission of the year. Another fight with big potential. BFC will be on Spanish television only (ESPN Deportes) but you can catch it on their website on Wednesday in English if desired.

Enjoy.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Guida vs Sanchez right now...can't type, too much action!!!

EDIT: went the distance, three 5 minute rounds. gonna be a draw?

Split decision - Diego NIGHTMARE Sanchez

a very good fight IMHO

daddy fingaz

Let's start this thread off with a discussion of the utmost importance...
Quick, who would win: Shaq or Hong Man Choi?
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/14004763

I think it's a coin flip, but i'll give the edge to Choi cause he's got some fighting experience, if you call beating up on a washed up Canseco a fight...

Choi has terrible technique but is an experienced fighter at the end of the day so i cant really see shaq beating him, although he does seem to sometimes fold under pressure!! dont think this fight can be taken to seriously!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really good TUF finally last night...Nate and Joe daddy's was a good match, altho I was rooting for Nate, it was a great fight!
Freakin Guida and Sanchez!! what a battle! ..they came out just balls to the walls and just started hammering on each other!! Guida is an animal...the way he was jumping at the end of the fight when Joe was interviewing him!! I was yelling at him..settle down dude!! haha
I dont like whens there sooo much blood on a fight..it just makes it ucky hehe
Did ya all watch the Joe in his comedy show after the fights?..hes funny...love the stoner routine, good night of tv.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yep, that last fight was the best I've seen in a while. I was hoping Clay would win the decision but Diego was top notch. Clay's one of my favorites and I'd like to see him wearin the strap some day.

I'm not a blood fan either. Boxing WAS my life long favorite spectator sport. After I learned MMA fighters don't sustain severe brain injury (on average) as boxers do, I was hooked. Blood is just a thing for me now, unless it's severe.

Nordle

well, wasnt expecting much from that card, but OMFG.

for once every1 i wanted to win-won(except sanchez).

loved us brits winnin both classes in the final, really good goin. didnt expect that tbh.

that cris lytel fight was very good-love the stand up stuff when they really go for it.

never been a fan of sanchez-all that stupid starin shit just looks like some bad comedy sketch to me, but. what a fuckin fight. that was some stand up. didnt really mind him winnin that 1-although a draw would of been more deserving to both of them for such a good show.

guida just got a new fan anyway-guy just looks like a little werewolf-and what a fuckin chin.

that head kick he got would of taken heads off-he just jumped up like nothin happened-amazin.

GREAT CARD....

jamrockjay

MMA over here in the UK is highly underated....just ask team USA...... LMAO
I said a few months ago that it would be team UK winning both contracts, much to the distain of others.... I thought the peason v winner fight was a very close call, ross is alright even tho he is a mackem lol Im so glad wilkes shut that demarques johnson up, in my eyes everyone was on the show to win a UFC contract not to try to be the next tv reality star which i felt johnson wanted.
All in all i thought it was a gr8 show, with some truly gr8 fights. I thought the Guida vs Sanchez fight was amazing, they both went at it hammer and tongs for 15 solid minutes, i really like Guida and his style. He certainly is one crazy dude. I wanna see Sanchez v Florian.... again, both fighters have come along way since they met on TUF, i would tip kenny for the win as i think he has improved the most since they last met, but it would be one hell of a fight...
Countdown to UFC100, what a card...............
Does anyone know the situation with setanta over here in the uk? They better get it sorted b4 ufc100...
Just incase anyone is interested.....Next sunday on bravo (in the UK) at 9pm Bamma airs, which is the new British Asscociation of Mixed Martial Arts. Lets see if we find another star of the future....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
jrj, congrats on UK winning everything hehe. James Wilks was especially impressive. I'm a little tired of Johnson myself. I'll bet you 20 quid Dan kicks Michael's ass.:D

Glad you like Guida. He's one of the best and his attitude is right. Although they talked massive shit to each other prior to the fight, Guida congratulated Sanchez at the end. Sanchez seemed to blow Guida off and it kinda spoiled the moment a little. That stare down before the fight was a scream, Sanchez looked hilarious. db

W

Weedman Herb

I got 20 on Hendo ...
Guida vs Sanchez right now...can't type, too much action!!!

EDIT: went the distance, three 5 minute rounds. gonna be a draw?

Split decision - Diego NIGHTMARE Sanchez

a very good fight IMHO
Guida barely touched Sanchez for the amount of strikes thrown ... I thought he was better than that ... Yeah he stood in there swinging ... but he got Owned ... his hair is a serious disadvantage ...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I got 20 on Hendo ... Guida barely touched Sanchez for the amount of strikes thrown ... I thought he was better than that ... Yeah he stood in there swinging ... but he got Owned ... his hair is a serious disadvantage ...

I didn't see the stats but a split decision usually indicates a close fight. Nightmare got his nose elbowed so many times it looked like a bloody mushroom. The only time Clay got owned was the first 8 seconds of the first round and the head kick that sent him to the mat. I was pretty loaded during the fight but I remember Clay controlling the ground and pound about 3 to 1 clock-wise.

Clay didn't lose weight and drop down to fight the little fellas like Diego did. Diego is 4" taller than Clay and has a 4" reach advantage. That said, it was a good fight and I respect Nightmare. He'll probably wear the UFC strap in the near future, as a light weight lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts