What's new

RDWC 640Watt floros

stoneroad

Hello fellow ICmag viewers and posters.
This is my second grow in the past year, the first was a trial run simple rubbermaid tote dwc 2 plants 300 watts nothing special but the yield was just under 4 ounces of white widow.

This time I've AMPED it up and spent some more money and time to DIY the whole thing just to my liking.

I have attached some pics of the setup sans the plants they are growing at a buddys and are 1 week into vegging so I will grab the torch and run with the rest of it.

So here is my res and controller bucket in a separate closet a joining this one.
picture.php

Now here we have the room itself sealed pretty damn good sound light and smell.
picture.php

And lastly we have 4 5 gallon buckets with 5" net pots 5" doughnut style air stones inside with a beefy air pump. and the rdwc lines are pushing roughly 70-85 gallons an hour at the root in the net cup.
picture.php

any comments questions or other banter is greatly appreciated!

STONE ROAD!

stoneroad

Yo im back and with more pics more gear and all my shit including seeds cause the clones were looking purty shurty..........

so after clone failure we went in route via seeds 5 fem white widow from nirvana shop.

got the R/O all filled 60 gals total thats enough for a week or two.
picture.php

Growing with dutch master gold line an such
picture.php

there is my ac all ghetto but works like a mother fucker.!!
picture.php

400w Mh and 32wx8 floro tubes.
picture.php

got the control center all ready to go seeds are germinating rock wool is soaking in 5.5 ph

so we ready to go get live or what? I will clue yall in when the tappys come in and hit the rocks.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Super cool 4 buckets to veg. Are you going to flower in the same space? If so will you swap to a HPS? If you've already posted ans to this blame :joint:

Peace :abduct:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Your closet looks nice. I would have the flo lights WAY lower (i.e. right on top of the ladies). Use florescent only until the roots get out of the pots and start hanging in the bucket. When the roots are going kick on the MH (right on top of the leaf tips). If you have standard 8' ceiling, the depth of your light seems like trouble.

For flower I would suggest a new HPS and new hood. If you spend $500 - $700 on an amazing air cooled 1kw you will be able to scrog those 4 ladies and get more than double the yield you would from a 400w. Also getting the better light and hood will keep your room cool because the ballast can be located in the control center and you can throw in an inline fan to move air over the bulb. Your AC will do the rest and you'll have maximum happy ladies.

Thanks for bringing more good stuff to life :joint:

stoneroad

Thanks Hydrosun,

Yea man I've got it under control seeds have been germin for like 12 hours now.

I am planning a scrog in a few months with a buddy and we are gonna use a new place with more room and such, yea the ceiling is 8 feet but im growing these bushy as shit so they might need some pruning we will see.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
definitely be watching this one she how they grow.. peace..

sack

stoneroad

ok guys just added Nutes and set the Ph to 5.3 ppm is at 510 right now and im ready to rock and roll im moving this thread to the grow diaries !