What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The monsters of the rdwc

BigGreen

Veteran
I have a 2k rdwc 4x8 scrog along with another 1k 4 bucket hempy style going down. The rdwc clones are the church and they were put into the system last friday so 8 days ago. They have tripled in size and the roots are exploding now. The hempys arent in the room yet. There in some quite little 16 oz cups some where hangin out. They'll be put in next week. Im running floranova in ro water along with some aquashield and thats it. I might put some liquid light on them for the hell of it next week. Hers some pics I'll try to keep em comin along at least once a week.

BigGreen

Veteran
Well I just ordered the chiller last night and I got the a/c hooked up the right way now so it should be smooth sailing from here on out. The room temps stay right around 83 tops. They are growing very fast. Im vegging them under a 1k hortilux and a 1k sunmaster hps and I dont see much of a difference than when I vegged under just mh they are bushy. We'll see what happens. Anybody else veg under these bulbs before? I do have mh I could veg under so if anybody has had bad result please let me know before they go to far.

MASHUP

Those lights should work fine. As long as they're bushy that's what counts.

What chiller did you finally settle on?

P

purpledomgoddes

flower under 1k sunmaster warm delux mh + 1k hortilux eye conversion.

1k hps comes on ~15 min b4 1k mh. can actually observe plants responding to intensity of blue/red warm delux. h[s newer than mh, but mh is still very bright. side of room w/ mh has bushiest growth, esp. in innards of plant.

nice garden, btw.

BigGreen

Veteran
Mashup: your gonna laugh but I got the 1/10 said f it had a tight budget. I'll see how it works if it works to hard Im gonna buy a 1/4 next run. I think the 1/10 will chill 45 gallons no problem I hope.
purple: Thanks for the response. They are still really bushy.
Im gonna take new pics tomorrow so you all can see.

N

narutonut

Yo Big glad to see you on to another round of fun. I am toying with adding liquid light to my next round and maybe penetrator with it! As for the chiller if the 1/10 doesn't get it i'll buy it off you as I'm sure when I up the wattage in the flower room I'll need a small one. Can't wait to see the results on those nutes as it would sure simplify things. I just have to wonder if I could be alright with not giving the girls an extra push in flowering:yoinks:.

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
checkin in... Everything is looking great Biggreen!! Are you using rubber maids under that poly?

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in guys. My nutes are at 500ppm and my ph is at 5.8 Im getting the chiller in tomorrow so Im gonna do a flush and run the system with only 32 gallons of 450ppm nutes for a day then I'll let the res fill it up to 45 gal. They are getting bushier everyday they look great for vegging under them 1k hps I cant see any real difference than the last time when I used mh
narutonut: If you use the liquid light it pretty much goes hand and hand with the penetrator and for the nutes I see so many people growing with the lucas formula with great result I figure what the hell why not give it a shot with the floranova. All the additives did was complicate shit. It'll be hard not to give em that boost in flower tho if anything I might only add koolbloom the last 2 weeks and flush the last 2 days with plain ro water at most, but if I dont see the need for the boost then cabosh with it.

Blunt_69: great show you just put on any dry bud shots yet and yes them are 14 gallon rubbermaids I was planning on using 12 plants but do to little clones I only got 10 in there but shit that'll do.
Thanks everbody

MASHUP

This thread needs a little somethin' somethin'. Can't quite figure it out though. Hmmmm...

trip_frame_l.jpg

Maybe a joint can help us find out... :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Ya ya I know I wish I could keep up the pics like you do but Im so busy. The dam water chiller came today and I missed it so I have to pic it up tomorrow then I will get some new pics. They are growing very fast but the water is 80 degrees ouch and for some reason the room temp jumped 4 degrees out of nowhere I ll get to the bottom of things.

MASHUP

You need that chilled down ASAP! Yikes, hopefully they keep rocking it and don't show any signs of stress. Are you going to be able to mount the chiller outside of the room? They generate some heat when running. :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
I ve been giving em aquashield and theres no signs of roots rot yet Im gonna have it in tomorrow morning and yes it will be out of the room. Im gonna give em a total change out along with adding 12 inch stones there gonna be rockin

lookin' good man.. hydro will probably be involved with my next grow i just had to see how an all organic soil medium does for my first. im guessing you are vegging with 20/4? pullin' up a seat!

BigGreen

Veteran
All right I finally got the chiller installed and it workin great. The plant have been in the system 14 days and are lookin great beside the little dink. Later tonught when the ro system finishes fillin up the rdwc Im gonna set the ppm at 450 and the ph at 5.8. Enough babling heres some pics.
heres the hempys under 1k for 3 days

Heres the rest of the girls in the rdwc under 2k

MASHUP

Dang, you were not joking about the roots exploding! Any deadline for veg time or is it based on how well they fill the screen?

BigGreen

Veteran
Once the screen is dam near full then they get the flip. I was gonna set the scrog on em but didnt have time. You see what aquashield can do for ya in high temps its been running at 80 + degrees for the last week. I ve never grown this strain either so lets hope it a winner. I smoked it and it was all good. Remember thats exactly 14 days of veg in the system them roots were barely two string hangin out the net pots.