What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Swedish Urban Forest Grow (Thyphoon, Swestar + Bagseeds) Latitude 59

Koi

Hey people, This will be my third year growing cannabis outdoors.
My plan is to make the plants produce seeds and drop some seeds that can germinate next spring, as some did this year on my spot from last session.

I wish i had a few more strains to make the plants hardier.

I have three spots at the moment, the first spot is from last year. It is quite unsafe to grow there because i lost 3/4 parts of my harvest to some fuck who head stole it.
But it is a good spot otherwise on a cliff that faces south. The soil is quite bad tho.

Here is a picture from last years spot, the strain was Thyphoon that year also. The last picture is what was left after the top colas got stolen.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

On the way to last years spot i came across this guardian.

picture.php

This is what the place looked like 28th of April. The seeds that had fallen of last years plants had just germinated. I was so happy when i saw it.
My plan had worked.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Same spot 10th of May.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Some stretchy baby's waiting to get outside in the fresh air. 8th May.

One of my new spots this year, I planted the seeds in four bread boxes.
The roots will be able to grow through the bottom of them.
And the bucket has holes too.
Just too bad i killed a seedling when i poured water of them, it was to weak. Pretty weird.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

If anyone wonders, the genetics of Swestar is Lowryder x White Russian.

Wish me best luck, and feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Last edited:

Koi

Thanks zielonylasss.
Yeah, that spot were great. I hope the plants will be left alone this year. I won't put any effort in taking care of them because of the incident last year.

By the way, what image source should i use.
I changed some of the images to IC's photo album. But some is still on Image shack, which is a bit irritating to open pictures through.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Best growluck Koi... :smile:
Try to find another spot or two, you know - don´t have all the eggs in one basket...

P :smoke:

L

lalandia

Oh i see a danish strain there...I'll better hang on to this thread. All the best to you

peace all

Koi

Thanks everyone. Danish strains is the shit.

Paddi, that was also my plan, just had not gotten the time to do so yet.

Okay, this third spot is on the edge of a small lake.
The ground water is about 2-5 dm below the ground.
So I don't have to high hopes about them. They could also become snail food.
Only time will tell.

This is the remains of last years plant.

picture.php
picture.php

And the stretchy seedlings after placed in the ground.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

Grasso

Hey,

your lazy perennial guerilla breeding is nice. The reptile I could not have a closer look at. Why do you add that big pictures to your post that you are excluding everyone outside of the monster? Remember, one world, understand yourself, and good luck!

Grasso

MrMcBean

Cool, especially for your latitude.

So, if i make a small hole in the woods somewhere.. put some decent soil in it, water it good and drop a seed there.. What are the chances of it surviving? and how often does it need to be tended?

little j

very cool pics of last years thyphoon. very cool that you seeded your spot last year and this year you have new sprouts. i really like that a lot. its a great idea. thanks. little j.

Koi

The cold nights are taking the power out of the plants, they don't grow much or quickly right now. And some have gotten cold damages.
I will update sometime before this week has ended.

Grasso: I didn't really understand what you meant. Do you want a bigger picture of the snake? I can fix that if you want.

MrMcBean: Thanks, practically yes. But the hotter and dryer it gets the more caring they need, otherwise they will die of thirst.
Planting seeds directly in the ground is tho a risky business, I don't think that many seeds will sprout.
Worth a test anyways if you have plenty of seeds.
And don't forget the chance for other weeds to sprout, it could become a fierce competition. And the cannabis might lose.

Thanks little j.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
wonderful finally to see some sweden outdoor grower!! wishes you all best karma, weather and luck! hope you will show us the whole shit bro!

hey koi, beautiful plants m8, im going growing some typhoon in ireland this summer myself, and i was wondering how much did they stretch during flowering, when did then finnish and any mold problems?

ty in advance

KnosPe

hi Koi,
wow that spot on the 1st pics looks great.
must be benefcial, with the heat stored by the rockwall.

wish u all the best%

Koi

Jock, they grow a lot during flowering. They almost doubled their length and width. But I don't know if thats what you mean by stretching.

They seem to have a lot of indica genes so they become quite compact which increases the risk of mold.
But i don't really think that mold will be a problem, I had some mold on my buds last fall, but that was mainly because of almost constant rain in august.

KnosPe, the heat is great, the problem is tho that they dry out quickly and hence they are on a "cliff" they won't get any groundwater at all.

Koi

Time for a small update on one of the spots. Not much has happend, a little growth but not as much as I would want.

Some plants are hurt, and some are dying.
But I think they will do well in the end, the season is still in its beginning.
Those who won't make it will be replaced later on.

I think i chose a bad spot, since it is close to the water they will probably become mold infested due to the humid winds.
But only time will tell. If the spot works I probably will upgrade it next year.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Koi

Another update!
The plants at this location are a lot healthier, I think it is because they aren't exposed to as much wind as the other ones.
But this spot could fail if it rains too much. The groundwater is maybe 2 decimeters below the ground.

I prepared two new raised beds with some local dry clay and some straws.

picture.php
picture.php

These ants live 10 centimeters from the plants on the picture above. Are they protectors of the plants or will they farm aphids?
I really don't hope that they will bring a horde of aphids to the plants.

picture.php

More mixed Thyphoons and Swestar.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Scenery
picture.php

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
wow nice start Koi...good luck with your grow..looks like a wicked spot..only issue it seems is the soil..you should amend the soil after harvest in like late Oct or Nov before the snow comes..add compost, manure, sand, top soil, perlite, vermiculite, dolomite lime, any or all of these will make your soil better next year...Good luck bro..

Chefboy's Outdoor Grow 2009
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=119662
peace
Chefboy

Latest posts

Latest posts