What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my new grow room/closet...CFL's for veg, 8xT5 flower

Hey guys...well here is my first attempt at a grow room and growing period. haha. I have a friend and I have been doing A LOT of reading off this site. Also some video's on youtube...haha.
well this is my system in process, should be complete by this coming weekend. Any questions/comments about the grow or the room are entertaining :canabis:

2.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

Work2much

You've transformed your walk in to a grow lab. Were are you going to hang your clothes lol?

If I had that sorta space I'd drop a 600 vertical and grow six 8-10 ounce trees with 1-2 each of my keeper strains. Check out superconductors grow in the coco forum. That style is hard to beat when space is available. Looks like your digging hydro so you could go 10 gallon rubbermaid DWC with little trouble.

I'll be watching good luck.

Hey guys...thanks for checking out the setup. First off i'm going to grow White Widow. A friend of mine imported seeds from Amsterdam of White Widow and Crystal.
I should have my first set of clones this weekend.

I will post more pics then! :joint:

...oh and for the clothes...i'm now using a dresser that has a closet and drawers...the plants are more important to have in the closet. hahaha

The first day with the Clones

The first day with the Clones

Well I decided to go with some Crystal since they seemed to flower much faster then the White Widow.
I am working with the Lucas Formula right now. (Highly recommended)
630 ppm
6.04 pH
77 deg F

Drippers will be hooked up this weekend. I'm moving the grow Closet to another on in my place, so I didn't want to set the Res up then have to move it.

Any questions and comments are entertaining :joint:

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

JohnnyToke

hey bro. nice setup so far. A suggestion if I may. I would replace those cfls with new ones that are 5500 - 6500 color temp for veg and clones. that will make them stretch less and make the nodes tighter.

JT

hey bro. nice setup so far. A suggestion if I may. I would replace those cfls with new ones that are 5500 - 6500 color temp for veg and clones. that will make them stretch less and make the nodes tighter.

JT

Thanks for the heads up...I will have to check which ones I have, but I know on the package there were 3 stages, and these were in the middle cuz they didn't have any more towards the "Sun" side of the spectrum...

Well here are the girls as of day 6 in the closet (16 days old)

640 ppm
6.1 pH
78 deg F

seems like everything is going pretty good...got one plat with a couple leaves rollin up, and some lower leaves with brown tips...any ideas? Im going to post another thread with that question...but if you have any suggestions, please post.
Thanks for stopping by!

Well...i might have a slight draw back...looks like the 2 possibly 3 on the left...taller ones...look like males...so i might only have 2-3 to harvest.
The really bushy one is for sure a female, so i think ill just clip some clones off her and start a large crop off those ones any maybe just harvest 1-2 for my first time...but they are coming along nicely.

Here is Day 21 from clone in Veg

well here is a pic of the 2 girls in their new closet...getting more lighting hopefully this weekend.

I'm now running the girls on a timer feeding twice a day for 18 mins. Takes 4 mins to fill and 4 mins to drain, and I have them soaking for 10 mins. I finally have a little 6 gal res...and yes it is a Ice Chest :smile: found it in my closet...so till this weekend it will work :wink:

The one on the left will be getting trimmed soon for clones, and she will become my mother...and just let the right one flower for my first grow to learn the system.

Thanks for reading!!!

23 Days old

hahaha...well for now...this is my first time growing...im very "experimental" so I wanted to see what it takes to train and trim a plant for SCROG. so yes...for right now...i'm using the shelf for a screen :smile: haha

DarkLance

Looks like that will be a nice space Achromic! definitely vigorous strains you've got there, should be a healthy plant

You're going to need to swap out those cfls with "daylight" ones (save warm or soft-white for flowering). Your nodes are REALLY far apart, that tall one looks like a tree sapling. when you clone, try and get the lights no more than 6cm away from the tops. and bury them into the medium as far as you can

hahaha...well for now...this is my first time growing...im very "experimental" so I wanted to see what it takes to train and trim a plant for SCROG. so yes...for right now...i'm using the shelf for a screen :smile: haha

haha...ook...so maybe that screen wasn't the right type for SCROG...haha...the bars ended up being too close to each other, so there wasn't much light penetration...so I pulled it out of the screen and its standing back up for the most part and seems to be doing a lot better the last couple days.
Well i put them into Flowering today...so I will get some pics tonight and post tomorrow.

hahaha...its cool...this is my first time growing...so I was just trying things out...this is pretty much just a learning experience this time.

Hey! First time here so I read all the posts and stuff. Very very cool set up. I actually had to ask what kind of system you were using cause I had never seen it done before. I am hydroponic myself so its a similar system. One suggestion for you would be to keep your lights closer to the plants so they don't stretch. Each space in between each leaf set (node) are really far apart on your plants meaning that they were stretching for light. The more nodes you have most likely the more buds will be produced. Just a suggestion though! ~Mia

Hey! First time here so I read all the posts and stuff. Very very cool set up. I actually had to ask what kind of system you were using cause I had never seen it done before. I am hydroponic myself so its a similar system. One suggestion for you would be to keep your lights closer to the plants so they don't stretch. Each space in between each leaf set (node) are really far apart on your plants meaning that they were stretching for light. The more nodes you have most likely the more buds will be produced. Just a suggestion though! ~Mia

Well I am running a custom built EBB Flow system. It seems to be a good way of feeding...with the stretching girl, I did have the light a little far away with i first started vegging, and i only topped it once, and this strain is a very tall plant, so more topping is needed next round. haha.

Thanks for the input though!!! :smile: