What's new

NorthernKronic's- New Place, New Space, New Grow, Let's GO!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey All :wave:

For those who don’t know me I’m NorthernKronic, for all my friends that already know me it feels amazing to be starting another thread again, Ive been waiting on this for a long time! I have been growing for a few years now but have taken the last year off from our great hobby because of some housing issues. But that is in the past now. Currently I have four Pollen Chuck Original (SourDv2.5x(purplebastardxWhitewidow)) three have already shown sex and are female, just waiting on the last one, which also looks like it will be a she.
Currently I am vegging under my 250 hps in a 3x3 area. They are all potted in 1.5 gallon pots and will be flowered in their current pots. I plan on flowering my current four PC’s under my 430watt hps. But once these 4 original are done I will be upgrading to an aircooled 1000 watt hps in my 5x5 tent.

Here is a list of my current equipment..
- 430 watt HPS
- 400 watt MH
- 250 watt HPS
- 6” Vortex fan
- 5x5 dr150 darkroom grow tent
- C-24 cab used for veg
- Stanley Blower Fan
- Multiple fluorescents for clones
- Whole Earth Juice nutrient Lineup
- Hydroplex PK booster

Here is what I still need…
- 1000 watt HPS
- 6” Aircooled hood (Radiant 6”)
- Possibly another 6” fan..

I move to my new residence in a few weeks and will be using this thread to update the growroom build and the grows that go on there once it's built. Hopefully this will be a very productive year for me, I plan on focusing the summer on Pollen Chuck selection and then at the end of the summer once my selections have been made I will pop more Crash Test Original (Amnesia Hazex(pbxww)) and then like with the PC I will work on selecting the best female of the bunch. I really would like to have one male Crash test to harvest pollen from so that I could make my own F2’s of the Crash test and then use those F2’s to try and find the specimen that is closest to the pure amnesia haze. But that is all far in the future.. For now I am focused on the selection of the best lady out of my four PC’s..

I will snap a few pics of the ladies tonight, so we can get this thing rolling. I made a mistake a couple of weeks ago and had the ph swing real high and had a few elements that were locked out. I have the problem under control so don’t worry about the current coloring, I know.. But anyway Ill be back later with the pics.. Peace till then.

-N.Kron:rasta:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Dog- Good to see you taking the first seat, its gonna be a long ride:headbange

Well got some shots from tonight.. Not sure how old they really are but they are old enough to be expressing sex. The short indica one is the only non-confirmed female. I cant be sure of it yet, but I think its a male unfortunately.. Here is he/hopefully she..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The rest of them had the ph imbalance but they are getting better everyday, all the branches are not burnt just the main fan leaves.. The new sets are looking fine though..

Here is the first female..and my current fav...
picture.php

picture.php

Second...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Third...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Then just two shots of an overview...
picture.php

picture.php

That is what I got going on right now. I still am hoping that the indica pc will be a female, but if its a male then oooo well what can you do..

It is a good feeling to be back and posting again. I am really excited to document the whole process of setting up at the new place. I have really high hopes for it.. Everyone just pray that the ceilings are high enough:bow:

Anyway thats all for tonight. I hope everyone has a great night. Peace yall:wave:

p.s.- How do I get the pics to show up, not just links?

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Core, BR- Good to see you both here and kicking it, just got the word, I move in a couple of days and I cant be happier:headbange But anyway once I get moved this thread will be up to my regular pace.. Ive got lots to do and its good to know that three of my best friends on IC are already along for the ride!

All done with school for the semester.. Aced most/all of my exams so things are looking up. Move looks like its gonna happen a little sooner than expected but that is definitely a good thing. It is going to be really exciting setting up a new grow room again, I have a lot of work ahead of me but I think I will really enjoy it this time.

Well it looks like the short indica PC that I was unsure about may be a male :wallbash:

Oooo well, what can you do.. I guess three out of four is pretty darn good for a female/male ratio.. I will take more pictures again once I get moved and have everything organized.

But can anyone help me with my photo problem, I want to have the pics show up full size in my thread not just links.. Can anyone give me some instructions???

Anyway I'm out for now. Peace yall:wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
NK - I got u tagged brotha, good to see u back up & runnin again. Sounds like a killer lineup, Ill be seein ya bro...Peace

- Z

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Zeus-Good to see you round my friend. Its going to start getting interesting right now so im happy to see that your here now!

Well I am offically moved into my new spot. I really like the house. Its a little older than the one I was in before but has a few redeeming factors. First off the basement is where I am setup. I think I am going to be facing a few different factors than I have ever faced before...

The first of which is a low ambient temperature. Usually I have had problems with my houses be far too hot especially during the summer. But in this house I have an ambient temp of 51f:bashhead: So I am considering having to get a very small space heater that will run during lights off to keep things a little warmer. Hopefully it will warm up 10 degrees by over the next month and then it would be perfect. But I can already tell it is somthing I will have to battle this upcoming winter.

Second, low ceiling. The ceiling in my growroom is only 6'5" tall and is not even to say the least, the house is at least a hundred years old and it has definitely settled over that time. I actually had to use a hacksaw to chop 1.25" off of the four posts of my growtent because my tent was too tall for the room. Fortunately it worked extremely well and I was able to setup the tent without any problems.

Third, the basement is all concrete which makes my 6" vortex sound like a jet engine. I have tackled this by using insulated ducting instead of my regular flex duct, and I also added a duct muffler to help quiet things down. It helped a bit, but it is still pretty darn loud. The room itself has no insulation whatsoever, it is a half framed (dywall on only one side, not both.) room in the basement, that looks like a crappy attempt to make a fourth bedroom, that the landlord must have given up on long ago. I plan on using inch thick styrofoam cut in strips placed between the studs to help make the room a little quieter.

Other than that everything at the house is going well. I took 28 clones of my three female PC's the other night, 10 of the one that I think looks the best and 9 of the two others. The fourth PC ended up being a what currently looks like a male, but I am going to wait until I see balls till I chop him..

I put the three female PC's and the one suspeced male PC and started 12/12 for them two days ago. So Things are starting to finally get exciting again.

I have some pics of the room before the setup and as I was doing things. I will post them up a bit later. For now im cashed and need to take a nap after a long day at work. Peace yall:wave:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
hey NK. glad i found your place. be talking with you soon brotha ... have fun growing!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Phillthy, SIR- Good to have you both along for the ride, things are gonna start getting busy here real soon. Lots of work to be done. LOL.. O and Sir, im already having more fun than I had this whole last year.. I love doing this:headbange

Well got three shots of the new room before I did any work to it. The room in L shaped which you will see and butts right up to the foundation wall which is all stone... I have some more pics that I will put up of the tent and clone setup.. just gotta snap em...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well this is really starting to piss me off that I cant post pics that are not just links to my gallery/albums!

Can anyone help me out by telling me how to get my fullsize images up in the thread NOT JUST THE LINK? I am using the insert photo option and am selecting original only, is that wrong? Or is there another method for getting pix up now on the new system?

Anyway im gonna troll around here and see what I can find and hopefully will get this fixed before I take more pictures later tonight. Till then peace yall:wave:

EDIT- Thanks to CORE we can finally get some pics up in this bitch.. Imma snap a few right now they will be up a bit later...

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya NK :wave:

if you go advanced you'll see 2 buttons above the thread repley....push he one where you uploaded the new files....that will open ether the old photo galery or the new albums
click on the album you need...then the disired pic and you'll see 2 links under the pic....copy andpaste the last link or highlight it and drag it into the repley...and voila :wink:
...im helping out coz i wanne seee PICS !!!!! :D

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
CORE-Dude I cant thank you enough, that was really starting to piss me off, and I know that no one wants to read a thread without any pics, and clicking links is almost worse.. But now that I got it the show is ON:headbange again thank you my friend, oh and I hope you enjoy the pics I took a lot!

Well theres a lot to update on. Today is day 6 of flower. I flipped them on May first and they are looking good after they all had 9-10 clones taken off of them a week ago. As far as clones go I think my new method of using a plug tray with humidity dome and promix is the best method that I have ever used, it looks like I will be almost 100% this time which means things are about to really blow up:woohoo:.

Here are the 28 cuttings that I took one week ago. They are looking really nice and I think that they are all going to make it.
picture.php

Here is a pic of the new makeshift clone station, its working well, just a 40 watt cfl and a seedling heatmat keeping things nice an warm!
picture.php

This is a pic of the veg cab that I finally set back up tonight. I dont have any use for it until these clones are ready, but its nice to have it setup again.
picture.php

This is a shot of the DR150 setup and running, still a bit upset that I had to cut off 1.25" off each post and it still barley fits. Oh well I think it is still going to work well I think..
picture.php

Here is a shot of the temporary electrical setup.. Need to figure out somthing more permanent before I get my new 1k going in there..
picture.php

I took this shot so that I could show you the ventilation system. As you can see the can66 filter is hooked up to my 6" vortex fan then goes through insulated ducting until it leaves the tent.
picture.php

picture.php

Then it goes through to a duct muffler that helps to deaden the sound just a bit more.. Then some more insulated ducting and then out of the room..
picture.php

picture.php

This is the carbon filter stand that I designed and built myself.. Its pretty practical for my setup, and it only cost about $16..
picture.php

Now on to the plants... Here is PC#1, she is going to have a lot of tops. I really like this plant and it was my favorite until I found out #4 is also a female.. But it def still has potential.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is PC#2.. She had the worst nute deficiencies of any of them.. but her new leaves are looking better..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is PC#3, I am in the middle about this one... She could be good or bad, but only time will tell.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well I got more need a new post though... be right back!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Now this is the special lady... This is PC#4, I almost chopped her a little over a week ago because I thought she might be a male. I decided to keep it around until I could be sure it was a male, and now I'm happy I did. Because shes a girl:rasta: First shot is a closeup of the pistil, wish my camera was better at closeups because this was about as good as its gonna get..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well this is what the tent looks like as of tonight. I really cant wait until I get the new 1k and get this tent 100% full. Things will def get interesting!
picture.php

Well now that I found out that PC was a female, I took six clones off of her tonight so that I can keep her around. I am really excited to see the subtle differences between the four of them. Core I hope that these pics are good enough so that you can see what your offspring are looking like.

Ok, well I'm about cashed for the night. Things are going well here and I cant wait the ladies are in full flower. Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I really appreciate seeing all of you guys around the thread even though it didnt have any pics and was super boring. I hope that now that I know how to post up pics it will get more exciting. Well im out for now. Peace yall:wave:

Old Soul

Veteran
Really like the bushy structure of PC #1 and #4. It looks like they are bouncing back nicely. Happy I made it to this one while it was still on the first page. How tall are the ceilings in that room?
peace

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
OldSoul- Good to see you here my friend:wave: Yea the ceilings in that room are really low, around 6'5"-6'7" depending on where your standing.

I feel the same way as you about #'s 1 and 4. They are looking like they have the growth pattern that I tend to look for. Squat and fat with lower branches reaching almost/just as high as the main top. I am looking for the pheno that will best fill a 1sqft area, because I plan on running 25 plants per run in the tent at all times once I get the 1k up and running. Still lots to see though on these PC's, cant wait to see which ones throw out the huge horse cock colas that the PC's are known for. Anyway thanks for stopping by OS good to know your on board for this one from the beginning:headbange

Just got home from work a little bit ago and will be checking the ladies in a bit after dinner. Ill give another update in a bit though, thanks to those who have stopped by!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Well, did a bunch of work on the room today getting it ready to be back in full swing. Put up all of the reflective insulation inside of the veg cab, all I need to do now is wait for the clones to finish and then I can get that baby rolling... Clones are all looking good, still looking like I should get a really good rate off of this new promix/cell tray method.

On a really annoying note, I figured out today that my light timer broke somtime in the last 48hrs. I figured it out today when I first checked the thermometer inside the tent. The high and low temps were only 2 degrees apart and I knew that my ambient temp is around 55f.. Anyway to make a long story short I had to replace the timer and have lost about three days to this stupid problem.. Anyway im just happy that I caught now rather than have it go for another 15-30 days without me figuring it out and then I would have a real problem.

Other than that things are looking really good. All of the ladies are finally starting to show a better overall color and look than they have had in the past because of all the ph issues and whatnot. I will probobly do an update with pics somtime in the next two days. Until then peace yall:wave:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
BR- Whats happening man, good to see that you'll be around for this next round. Im currently working with four PC females that I sprouted about two months ago. I have two really nice looking phenos (1 and 4) and two not so nice looking phenos (2 and 3). I am also planning to pop some more Crash test and then I may have some clones of a few diff strains on the way. I will also be upgrading the tent with an aircooled 1k HPS once my clones are ready to go. So it should be a fun run and its good to have you on board..

Still have to go downstairs tonight, another long day at work and im hungry and too warm.. So gotta take a shower and eat before I take any pics. Till then peace yall:wave:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Well got a bunch of pics from two nights ago which I will now call 1 week of flower.. because of all of those stupid timer problems.

Here are the two phenos that I dont really think are looking that great. First is #2, she is just real tall and lanky. I did prune off here bottom 5/6 branches so that she could start focusing on the top growth and hopefully bush out a bit..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next is pheno #3.. also not my favorite but has a nicer bushy look to it..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now on to the two phenos that I do like. First is #4 which for a long time I thought was a male. Thank god I didnt chop it early before I moved. Now she looks like the best one of them all. She is also the only pheno that I did not top because she didnt look like she needed it. Her natural stature was just too nice.. Check it..
picture.php

picture.php

Here is the #1 pheno.. Looks nice and bushy. Also gave her a trim two days ago when I took these shots.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I guess its only been 11 days since I took the clones but I am still waiting to see roots coming into the bottom tray... ughh I hope they come withing the next few days, but i heard this method takes about 14-15 days, and it is a 36 plug tray which means the plugs are big. Other than that and the timer issue everything is rolling right along quite well. Hopefully that issue with the timer wont set me back significantly but if it does ooo well.. Anyway thats all for now. I will grab some more shots when somthing interesting is going on. Peace yall:wave:

edit- Sorry for the shitty pics, I will have to take some more now because those look like shit... Sorry guys.. ill be back tonight with better ones..