What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Don't forget to bring a tent.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ICMag :wave:

Like camping?

28738-Rainforest-Camping-0.jpg

Well wrong thread. :biglaugh:

I've had a few grows here on ICMag and have accumulated a few things over the last couple of years, namely a love for growing... in tents!

As I started growing again I thought I'd get another to add to the family with it being an extra veg chamber for interesting mums and young plants. Using my old fan and cooltube with a 250w hps (ordered the wrong bulb by mistake - will rectify this with a metal halide someday) - it's a Dark Room Street - budget brand and not as high quality as the Budboxes, however it suits my needs fine. Currently test temperatures with all tents running full blast with all fans on, and all lights on 24/7. So far they're all holding at approx 80-85f ambient temperature. (when the 600W is changed to 12/12, and the 250W to 18/6 this will reduce the overall room temp a bit) - Canopy surface temp is approx 75f.

picture.php
picture.php

Here's all the gubbins I use to grow:

picture.php

And thanks to a kind individual who helped me get a head start on my new grow, I've got a few little plants. Two AK48s and a DSD in the middle, in 6.5L pots. Usual setup - 600W HPS, little bit of LST, potted into Plagron Bat-mix. Given them a spray with SB Invigorator - light nutes to start soon.

picture.php
picture.php

At the turn of the year I couldn't keep my garden up for health issues, and as a consequence lost a few plants and seedlings. So I decided to try and germinate my remaining old seeds - my Strawberry Cough seeds from Dutch Passion didn't germinate, although 1 might still come through. These were over two years old now and not stored in any special way so I didn't hold out too much hope.

Five of the Barney Farm Sweet Tooth all germinated, same for the BB Cheese. I'm going to run these through in a sea of green, in smallish pots and use them for making hash. They're in the Budbox mini - 200W Envirolight cfl (blue).

picture.php

picture.php

I've also been gifted lots of seed crosses (thanks to all) - so many different strains now I'm not sure which to do next. I'll germinate a few more soon. Any questions feel free to ask - until my next update :wave: :joint:

Max0r

Nice tent! Following this one for sure!
I'm looking to pick up a Homebox XS in the very near future.
What kind of scrubber do you have set up?

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yo sammet

Dude that is not camping, that is the rainforest there bro, I do like the shot though

Got my early seat at the Sammet grow this time

Brrr camping in a rainy forrest..I'd rather stay in one of y'r tents! more warmth more light :biglaugh:
How are you liking the DR80?? Does it hold it's light well?? There's a thread inhere somewhere where there were several people complaining about possible light-leaks in these cheaper tents??
I've just bought me a "Silverbox" has the same kind of coating as y'r DR80 believe..
Anywayz, good to see ya got another thread started and some more meds on the way :friends: :joint:
:wave: Low

i like how organized our setup is. I need to do something like this instead of having like 3 veg areas and 2 flwoer rooms, im gonna check e-bay for a cheaper used one or make my own though.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bring out the marchmellows :D
heya Sammet i'm tagging in....cool tent setup's mate :smile:

bonni79

Hi Sammet , great thread like always ! :wave:
Your photos make me curious because I must buy a tent and other materials...
I have some questions for you :

About the SJ dark street, is it lightproof ? Can you see lights from outside when the lights are on ? For you, can be used for a whole cycle veg + flo ?

I see you have the odorsok filter, a very interesting thing but , does it work ?
Because there is a lot of different opinions in the forum, some people say yes, some no.
:1help: Bonni

hi sammet;
your budbox is 100cm X 100 ?
how many girls do u grow in budbox ?
will you keep all girls in DS80 during all vegging stage ?

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Tagged....Hey Sammet, its good to see u back in action again bro, hope ur health is better and ur feelin up to the task!! I miss seein ur plants bro, always sooo nice...
How did that CH9 Flower turn out?? I still wanna try some of their beans, look like good stuff....Anyhow, Im glad ur back and Ill be round in here with the rest of the boyz!!!!
See ya bro..Peace

- Z

SkunkyDemon

Wow theses alot of different kinds of those tents. They are cheap enough that Im considering buying one or two. Ill want this thread and see how well they do. Looks great so far!!

hanfiking

hey dude when did you pot these? they look almost the same size as mine
what a coincidence we did it again lol

picture.php

I've gone for another dutch dragon I took this picture today yours are a couple
of days older I think mine saw light the first time on thursday:

picture.php

32 Joints

Hey Sammet glad to see you back man! You don't know me but as a lurker I have followed your grows for a while and even started growing myself in the process.

Can't wait to see how things turn out for you this run. Best of luck!

C

CMoon

hey sammet:D whats your norm harvest from the blue grow tent with wood for lums? if its over an oz ill buy it:laughing:

bests with the run dude, be watching for updates

bests cmoon

Germanator

Return of Senior Sammet. Good to see you back bro, hope the vacation was good. Everyone needs a break every now and again. Hope the tents work out well for you.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all - Thanks for stopping in - a quick update today, been having sleep problems and I'm zombied out - I'll reply to you all a bit later.

Here's the BB Cheese-lings and one dutch passion Strawberry Cough (about 3 years old):

picture.php

Having a little problem with humidity at the moment, and it seems to have taken it's toll on one of the AK48 - so it's been relegated to the veg tent under the 250W - I'll use her as a mother. The Sweet Tooth babies have been potted up into 6.5L pots and have been stashed in there too.

picture.php

Think I burnt her a little- but it's a bit odd as the other AK48 is doing fine - anyways she lost a few leaves, but seems to be on the mend.

picture.php

And here's the DSD and the other AK48 under the 600W - I've put them into flower today.

picture.php

The stronger AK48..

picture.php

And the DSD - what a bush :biglaugh:

picture.php

The slightly sickly AK48 was in with these guys but they've only shown a tiny bit of yellowing on the occasional bottom leaf - go figure.

In a few weeks I'll be popping some more beans - got some really nice crosses to try out. :D

Catch you all soon :joint: