What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandala Appreciation Grow 2009

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Welcome to a grow showcasing some fine Mandala genetics:

Hashberry x Nirvana Bubbliscious
Hashberry F2 (backcrossed, and amazingly uniform too)
Speed Queen

I grow in a Secret Jardin DR80 tent with either a 250 or 400w MH/HPS. I use a 4" Vortex on a speed controller to aircool the light. My carbon filter rests on the top.

I use Sta-Green Tree & Shrub Planting Mix and perilite at a 4:1 ratio. My fertilizers include most of the Botanicare line such as: PBP Grow and Bloom, Liquid Karma, Blast Off, Sweet, and Cal Mag. Since these are Mandala genes, I will be using only 1/2 of the recommended dosage when feeding.

I grow pretty simply and have had good success with it. Veg times are usually around 10-20 days and the plants get only one transplant. They will start in 4" square nursery containers and stay there in veg and sexing. From there males are discarded, and females will be transplanted to either 2 or 3 gallon containers.

Seeds are in water now for 24 hrs then to the paper towels for germination.

I hope you enjoy the show, and please feel free to comment your like/dislike of Mandala genetics.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Nice.

I've vegging two Mandala strains right now, Satori and Kalichakra.
I can't wait to see what they turn into...

I've heard nothing but good things about their genetics.

B420

I just heard about mandala recently and have now seen a few threads starting up with their genetics. Can't wait to see what they come out like. Good luck to you.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I had most seeds showing tails which is a good sign. Now I'm just waiting for them to break ground. They are under 160w of cool white tube shop lights. More updates soon.

Funk

i got three speed queen right now, all females in soil. ive grown hashberry before too and loved it. this time i was smart enough to clone the speed queen so shed stay around longer.

i'm curious to see the results of people with the new satori release. grew it couple runs ago and was very very pleased with one of the pheno's.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Allright these seeds are taking their time and thats fine. Jan. 10 is veg day 1 for the record. All the containers are marked but you can't see much yet. The tallest are around an inch or so and working on the first set of leaves.

DR80 Equipment:

The Goods:

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Right now I'm running the 250w MH conversion bulb. I had 4 Speed Queens that we unable to break ground so they are gone. Totals now:

5 Hashberry F2
5 Bubbiliscious x HB
1 Speed Queen

-Funk

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice start to ur thread man...did you know mandala opened the doors back up this month..two new strains too bro,ganeish,and 8 miles high are the names.
i will be watchin bro.peace-T-

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I did hear about those new Mandala strains. They sound pretty badass. I hope to grow some of them out at some point in the near future.

Here are the plants, veg day 4.

picture.php

-Funk

Last edited:
S

ShoeboxSherman

Hey Funk, I'll pull up a chair if that's OK. I also grow in a DR80, with a 400W CMH, and will be running some Mandala (8 Mile High, Satori, an/or Kalichakra) soon. It'll be nice to watch your grow. Good luck bro.

Well like i was saying before I thought i had 3 female spped queens, turns out one was a male so i threw him out and now i only have 2 speed queens in flower however, I have 2 speed queen clones, one from each female that have rooted and were planted and put in the veg room to be used as mothers. My plan is to take about 25 cutttings from each and so a SOG with the speed queen, I think thats the way to get the best results. and I really liked FIMing with the hashberry, it seemed to work well for me when i was growing that. Thats one I really wish i still had a mother plant of!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Floppy - A SOG of clones sounds like a good plan. Good yield potential as well.

Veg day 7

picture.php

Funk

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Thumbs up. How close is your reflector to your plants?
They seem to be stretching a little, but it may just be a case of eager seedlings...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The light is about 12-14" away from the plants. They have a fan on them all the time so they are developing strong stems for a reason. I find this helps the plants in late flowering to support their own bud weight.

-Funk