What's new

Haze female or male to cross with indica female or male?

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
ok ill forest gump this up for ya , if ya have a nice bad ass sativa ya want to shorten flower time and chunk it up a bit then go sat female and indica male, if ya have a dank ass indica ya want more yeild and stretch and a lil more head and less body, then use indica fem and sat male . we are basically in the begining stages of cannabis breeding . its pretty much trial and error. i love making seeds and growing them out, its one of the most rewarding yet slow as a mofo to get the rewards , patience is a virtue.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC x Haze F1 :biggrin:

1638588242329.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Don't worry about selecting a male versus the female. All traits will be passed on. Look at what you have as a parental donor and their dominate traits, does this match your goals? If none of the traits you see are desirable for your goals, you don't have parental donors yet.

You can do a short list of pros and cons and select the lesser of two evils, so to speak. I understand you have to use what you have. I have done side by side comparisons with same plants reversed parents. The progeny were identical from a visual perspective. They looked like 4 clones from the same plant.

There is a lot of fuss over which sex passes on traits better. They're passing on the traits you see first. That's the dominant traits, including aromatics and taste. I hope this helps.
Peace brother farmerlion

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great Raco.

For the sake of this thread; would you explain if you went female deep chunk x male Haze or deep chunk male x female Haze?

Thanks

As a rule I always list female x male

For whatever the season Tom wanted a DC f x OH male f1 cross:)