What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Small Coco Grow

S

stretchpuppy

Dear ICMAG,

Here are the goods for this go-round:

6 VBSxAK47
9 Spacequeen
9 MMM
4 Marmalade

I used 2 bricks of the sunleaves coco to make the original mix, and added the guanos. I needed slightly more medium to fill the pots so I added about a half gallon of a soil/hydrotron mix I made a few months back. I'm not going to veg long at all with these seedlings, maybe 2 weeks before flowering.

Right now on water and superthrive.

Last edited:
G

I just broke open some coco too.

and added it to my pots. I didn't add anything to it. Maybe I should have? :confused: Im planning on grabbing some canna coco nutes myself. Seems like the best way to go.

peace

Last edited:

2buds

Hey stretch, It looks like it's gonna fill up quick. :smile:
I'm tagging it and keeping in touch bro.
Be safe,
2buds

G

im leaning to coco coir mix for my next grow...I would go bale myself instead of having to rip up blocks....so does coir need special nutes?

S

stretchpuppy

The bricks didn't turn out too bad really. The sunleaves brick is good stuff- a little higher quality then the one shown in the picture above. I'm still looking for the bales at local shops though.

Last edited:
I used the Sunleaves Coir for my last/current mix. I did rinse really well to make sure I did not have a salt problem. I figured it was better save than sorry. The rinsing also helped to get rid of some of the super fine coir that was in the bale. I would like to check out some of the other brands though.

S

stretchpuppy

Day 40 - 13/11 from seed

Day 40 - 13/11 from seed

Just transplanted 16 girls into 1 gallon grow bags. Local hydro guy didn't have the nicer coco so I went with Promix HP this round.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I like coco, I've used it before and now I'm back to soil mixes.
If your using coco then DEFINATELY use a nutrient that is designed for coco like Canna lineup.
I've tried to tailor a mix that would be of the water it and forget it type but to no avail, nutes need to be introduced over time as a loaded mix breaks down too quickly and overferts the plants.
Coco is NOTHING like soil, the food web is completely different, it's break down and nutrient balance is completely different.

G

I mixed in some sunshinemix to my coco and i'm having good results so far. Feeding them different types of nutes from organics to hydro. They seem to take it all at full dose with no signs of stress.

S

stretchpuppy

Day 54

Day 54

Word guys.

Feeding Lucas Formula with Floralicious, Dark Energy and SuperNova.

Got a nice selection going and I'm spotting a few keepers already... When I feed this weekend I'll pull them out for better shots.

Last edited:
G

looking great there ,,try coco next if possible it really is a good medium to work with ,,so easy ,
do u collect ya ferret piss and feed the plants with it ? only joking ,,

but i 'd get them out ,u dont want hairs all wrapped in ya nice fat buds do ya ,, plus if they get a liking 4 the smell they'll be nibbling b4 you know it , killing a stoned ferret 4 eating buds is punishable by death in some countries so be carefull

have fun keep up the good work :wave:

Last edited:
S

stretchpuppy

current state of affairs

current state of affairs

Starting the flush on most.