What's new

Who is doing out doors next summer

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Thursdays coming lockdown spells the end for this year. I hope everybody has everything in. Just 10 weeks till it starts all over again though. Seeds..mums..flower cuttings to select. These threads don't stay quiet for long :)

I presume people have studied this years results and shortlisted a few varieties for next year. I have had the year off just keeping my best selections alive. The Serious6 and Critical Sour. What are other people's top 3 for next year? I like a few new ones but have not looked at all..

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking at rgs , maybe the green gold or dfg.
Wanting something nice and early that’s not an auto

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I ran a few rgs beans. The DFG has been a strong contender for a few years when you look about. Obviously something that flowers earlier won't be growing so long. It was a reasonable size though and a mid August finish. Unfortunately I wasn't there until September and not a single bud on the few ounce plants wasn't mouldy. The Serious6 lost it's heads that year but the Critical Sour was there to save the day. It grows smaller buds of a much more indoor like quality. Really quite passable. These smaller buds are airing better I guess as it's very resistant and yields better than the 6, once you have chucked all the 6s heads away. Maybe 5oz each on my better plots. So no slouch but there to save the day. The 6 is a huge producer but on a bad year them forearm sized heads are fusty. So i need the CS at those times.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a single fast ogkz (from hso) in the back garden this year. Turned into a 10ft tree, grown entirely on horse manure, pulled it down oct1 as it was forecast weeks of nonstop rain.

Zero mould despite much rain toward the final weeks, harvested about 11 Oz off it.

Let the lower branches mature in the rain for another 2 weeks, still zero mould. Not overly smelly either, great stealth strain.

Last edited:

sandsmp81

Veteran
Modest garden...

The runt

picture.php

Biggest plant

picture.php

Few close up of flowers, bloody nightmare getting a decent photo with a breeze.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If it stays dry and cool I reckon I could keep these going through next week, this new NL clone has been pretty resilient but I'm certainly going to invest in some real gorilla for next year.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Also lurking around waiting to see if there’s any new early outdoor rgs strains (hurries over to forum)