What's new

What year was Indica used for hybrids in Mexico?

Lugo

Veteran
I think you mean TIME magazine and that is by no means any reference on truth in this matter or any other as far as i'm concerned.

Regardless its an interesting possibility. More so for me that have found totally Thai phenotypes come up once in a blue moon among my Punto Rojo.

In the long run in that scenario the introduced variety would just be absorbed by the sheer numbers and huge genetic pool of the native species and thats just science.

My experience is that the plant has remained the same.

I do definetely get the impression that certain folks want to push a narrative that Colombian landrace Cannabis is not Colombian. Ive heard the same shpeal with the Afghan varieties being introduced as well and of Colombian BLDs yaddayada but none of those theories hold water culturally, historically or scientifically in reference to Colombian landrace Cannabis.

I do appreciate the post though!

I'm gonna go ahead and do a re-read. From what I read its pretty hideous drug war propaganda where were basically all these Colombian families took it upon themselves to invade the US with drugs, crime and violence jaja while at the same time getting guidance on what to plant from nameless 'traffickers' who appear with SE Asian genetics.

Its an interesting story but thats all it is.

If I find that Thai Alacran phenotype ill definetely let you know!

Theres an airport 20 mins away and you might know about our hometown hero Carlos Lehder so anything is possible I guess!

I think they tried maybe!

Only a gringo- I mean a Colombian would do something like that.
When words fail go with an emoji.

Amazing how people that don't live here, never have, don't know our history know dic* about Colombian Cannabis or our drug war history think they are experts on the subject by using a 1979 TIMES magazine (magazine they've probably never even read in their lives lol) just drug war propaganda probably ghost written by the CIA to try to make the point that Colombian Cannabis is a hybrid and that its Mexican or Thai influenced.

Talk about ignorance and desperation!

Nevermind that plant biology doesn't even work that way even if it were the case.

Colonialism in Cannabis exists.

Lugo

Veteran
Since you like to read so much here an actual document with references and an actual name attached @mexcurandero420

I also included the link to the entire paper which I recommend to anyone that want doesn't 'bro science' Colombian history.

1717359357932.png

Theres also a summary in English por si acaso no hablas Español

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602-151045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-151045_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 15

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I think you mean TIME magazine and that is by no means any reference on truth in this matter or any other as far as i'm concerned.

Regardless its an interesting possibility. More so for me that have found totally Thai phenotypes come up once in a blue moon among my Punto Rojo.

In the long run in that scenario the introduced variety would just be absorbed by the sheer numbers and huge genetic pool of the native species and thats just science.

My experience is that the plant has remained the same.

I do definetely get the impression that certain folks want to push a narrative that Colombian landrace Cannabis is not Colombian. Ive heard the same shpeal with the Afghan varieties being introduced as well and of Colombian BLDs yaddayada but none of those theories hold water culturally, historically or scientifically in reference to Colombian landrace Cannabis.

I do appreciate the post though!

I'm gonna go ahead and do a re-read. From what I read its pretty hideous drug war propaganda where were basically all these Colombian families took it upon themselves to invade the US with drugs, crime and violence jaja while at the same time getting guidance on what to plant from nameless 'traffickers' who appear with SE Asian genetics.

Its an interesting story but thats all it is.

If I find that Thai Alacran phenotype ill definetely let you know!

Theres an airport 20 mins away and you might know about our hometown hero Carlos Lehder so anything is possible I guess!

I think they tried maybe!

Only a gringo- I mean a Colombian would do something like that.
Well you remind me of that guy a few years back, who tried to convince us here on this forum, that Hawaii had landraces that went back to the arrival of the British fleet to Hawaii with Joseph Banks who gave Indian hemp seeds to the Hawaiians.

Mel Frank did send some genetics like Cambodia and Colombia to Phylos. Both were related.

Cambodia currently has no clones in the Galaxy. It has 18 relatives in the Galaxy.

The list of genetic relatives is ordered in descending relatedness. If a number appears to the right of the variety name, that denotes the number of clones of that variety that are currently in the Phylos Galaxy.

Screenshot_20240602_155708_Chrome.jpg

If you can show me pictures of the 1930s, 40s of Colombian people smoking, selling like I found from Mexico. Till now I speak of Colombian cultivars, not landraces.

Lugo

Veteran
Well you remind me of that guy a few years back, who tried to convince us here on this forum, that Hawaii had landraces that went back to the arrival of the British fleet to Hawaii with Joseph Banks who gave Indian hemp seeds to the Hawaiians.

Mel Frank did send some genetics like Cambodia and Colombia to Phylos. Both were related.

Cambodia currently has no clones in the Galaxy. It has 18 relatives in the Galaxy.

The list of genetic relatives is ordered in descending relatedness. If a number appears to the right of the variety name, that denotes the number of clones of that variety that are currently in the Phylos Galaxy.

View attachment 19012028
If you can show me pictures of the 1930s, 40s of Colombian people smoking, selling like I found from Mexico. Till now I speak of Colombian cultivars, not landraces.
Again Phylos is not an end all be all of anything in my opinion but I understand what your getting at.

I agree with you about the Hawaiian landraces bit, its a tricky situation when you have what is considered the landrace 'mechanics' at play lets say but not the time and with the constant stream of new genetics being introduced.

So maybe the pigs can be considered landrace in Hawaii but the herb not quite.

I posted a paper (attached) documenting Colombian Cannabis use in the 30's which includes police reports mostly, photographs not likely or hard to come by before the late 40's-50's

I'm reading some old documents and state sponsored studies on Brasilian Cannabis use atm now that are from the 50's but i'm still working on the translation.

Its a bit later (1958) but there are some cool pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602-144114_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-144114_Samsung Notes.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240602-143002_Samsung Notes~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-143002_Samsung Notes~2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240602-150317_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-150317_Chrome~2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240602-151045_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-151045_Chrome~2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240602-150552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-150552_Chrome.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240602-150749_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-150749_Chrome.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240602-150407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-150407_Chrome.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240602_155058_767.jpg
    IMG_20240602_155058_767.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240602_155047_530.jpg
    IMG_20240602_155047_530.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240602-144011_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602-144011_Samsung Notes.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
I must be confused. What makes any of you think that hybridization wasn't going on in the 17th or 18th century? Somehow those people couldn't figure out how to cross this short version with that long version?

Oh, and it only happened on this date or that.

Latest posts

Latest posts