What's new

The Tenth Dimension..got 10 minutes and a blunt? will blow yr mindz

inverse

i'm dry, but that was still super interesting. its hard to imagine for someone living in the 3rd dimension

G

the disclaimer pissed me off at 11:23...it's like, wait...so you just made that up on your own? uhhhh.... still really cool though but im left wondering how much of that was true, or what..!

Last edited:

Sardonic

the disclaimer in no way said that it was 'made up', rather that it wasn't the typical way of explaining the theories, and that there was a lot more to it than that -- or at least that's what i remember

inverse, it is time for us to chat on the AIM

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it just said it was unaccepted as fact, at this point.
so were alot of theories in their infancies.
i saw a show on this on the science channel.
a bunch of quantum physicists were arguing different string theories.
i had to watch it a few times to "get" what they were saying.
crazy shit man

Joe Hawkins

From his website:

The "framework for discussion" that I advance on this website and in the book "Imagining the Tenth Dimension" is not the one that is commonly accepted by today's physicists. Anyone wanting to know more about the currently established thinking behind physics and cosmology should refer to such excellent books as "Programming the Universe" by Seth Lloyd, "Parallel Worlds" by Michio Kaku, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, or "Warped Passages" by Lisa Randall.

I invite you to think of this as an entertaining diversion that for some people will have a strong and thought-provoking connection to their impression of how the world really works. If you click on "The Forum", you will be taken to a page that gives readers an opportunity to discuss and debate the concepts presented in the book and this website more fully. Also, there is my blog, imaginingthetenthdimension.blogspot.com where you will find new ideas being posted regularly. Plus, we have a new interactive show which goes live every weekday, which can be viewed at tenthdimension.tv . Enjoy!

Rob Bryanton

I actually thought it was a brilliant way to at least cover the concept of dimensions, to introduce people to the concept.

Last edited:
so the way it was explained it doesnt really seem that other people "live" in the other dimensions, the higher dimensions deal with time, the first and second dimensions probably dont actually exist, so the 3rd dimension is probably the only dimension that exists in reality.

Joe Hawkins

demonicaardvark said:
so the way it was explained it doesnt really seem that other people "live" in the other dimensions, the higher dimensions deal with time, the first and second dimensions probably dont actually exist, so the 3rd dimension is probably the only dimension that exists in reality.

the third dimension is what we live in and immeadiately what we can control is the third and the fourth, I had to wait until my bro showed up with my bag and smoke a few before I was going to watch it, LOL , now I wish I watched it straight, Im gonna have to watch it again and again now.

_angst_

From a computer science-aspect, I believe all you need to really understand is dimension 1-4. The rest is built recursively.

G

Sardonic said:
the disclaimer in no way said that it was 'made up', rather that it wasn't the typical way of explaining the theories, and that there was a lot more to it than that -- or at least that's what i remember

inverse, it is time for us to chat on the AIM
Yeah..but it said it is not accepted...which means it is most likely bogus

Siddartha

journies said:
Yeah..but it said it is not accepted...which means it is most likely bogus

Relativity was unaccepted at first as well, so was Newtonian physics and the Copernican model of the the Solar system. Not saying this is right, but just because it isn't commonly accepted doesn't mean it's bogus, that's intellectual bias!

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
string theory is ****ing nuts, period. i find it funny that a bunch of scientists came up with their own string theories and then one dude realizes that everybody's string theories are on the same page and combines them all together. it is hard to imagine the 'strings' because they are 1-D, but they move around like crazy.

Many of the dimensions were pretty much the same... time, time, time and time. The cool realization that infinity in infinite dimensions is pretty damn big was somehow placed in the tenth dimension...why 10? I don't think it was very scientific but a good movie anyway.