What's new

Secondhand marijuana smoke from bongs more dangerous than cigarette smoke

therevverend

Veteran
Another study done by people who know nothing about cannabis proving nothing. Instead of studying particles by size they should study by content, size, and the effect it has on living mammals. The particles in cannabis are expectorants and inhibit cancer, the particles in nicotine cause cancer. When I smoke out my room the smell goes away in an hour or two. A cigarette smoker's room is permanently stinky. When wildfire smoke flooded my area my lungs felt terrible, just going outside harshed me out. While a room full of cannabis smoke is actually pleasant and refreshing for the lungs. I remember this as a child. When adults would smoke cannabis I liked the smell and it didn't bother my lungs. I never enjoyed going to the house of a cigarette smoker, the air smelled terrible and was unbreathable. The children living there always had an unhealthy pallor.

When I started smoking stuff the difference between cannabis and tobacco was obvious, and I chose to become a cannabis smoker for a reason. My lungs are healthy and strong after 30 years of cannabis smoking. Can't say the same about people who have smoked tobacco for 30 years. A better idea for a study would be to figure out why...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
if you live in one of those overpriced cardboard box townhomes by a highway that they put up some cheap landscaping divider wall between the traffic and your back porch that you grill red meat on during the summer, I would put my money on you're doing a lot more damage enjoying your summer

I won't do that 9 till 5, 3 lane car park business. People in their little metal boxes, thinking that cycle routes are for the lower classes. While hot boxing the exhaust of the car in front. It's on the real cold days, when we get condensation in the exhaust pipe, that we really see the extent of the poisonous cloud they all sit in. Hours and hours each week. It's amazing how much worse the air gets if they install a speed reduction ramp. Everyone having to scrub their speed, then burn more fuel to speed up again. Cumulatively, them ramps are not saving lives. It's just some figures are easier to see than others.

mexweed

Veteran
shit I've gone for runs when there's been ash falling from the sky before, I didn't change my bong water when I got back from a week vacation and wanted to rip, that's how I know my nugs are clean nothing weird grows in the water it's never fuzzy always clear but a bit off color

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Lets face it. Most Cannabis studies are done by retards.
i don't know if THEY are retarded, but their "results" sure seem to be aimed at the usual targets. just like Ronald Reagan assuring us "that smoking even a single marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini island during an H-bomb test..." all fodder for "true believers", lol.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
As far as I know no one has died from cannabis.my uncle was a respiratory therapist and he smokes up to ten joints a day.hes 65 I think.he had this wierd theory that pot smoke actually cleans the lungs.i have no idea if that's true.probably not
your uncle was working with some pretty good ideas. there have been studies done comparing those that only smoked pot, those that smoke pot AND tobacco, and subjects that only smoked tobacco. as expected, those that only smoked weed had the fewest deleterious effects. what surprised the researchers was that those who smoked BOTH came out better than those that only smoked cigs. they could not explain why this is apparently so (more research needed) but theorized that "something" in the chemistry of cannabis was apparently protecting the lungs from the tobacco...:chin:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with Douglas.theres no way that's true.also my uncle is a respiratory therapist.i can't even be in the same room with cigarettes.pot smoke doesn't bother me.
Same here. I love the smell of good quality weed that is being either combusted or vaped, but cigarette smoke suffocates me and triggers a panic response that causes me to flee the pollution while gasping for air. I loathe nicotine with a passion.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Interesting study on tobacco vs cannabis smoke. According to the study, both smokes have the carcinogenic constituents in their precursor form but the cannabis smoke does not have the enzymes required to activate them (and, the tobacco smoke does). And, in fact, constituents on the cannabis smoke encapsulate the carcinogens to prevent them from being activated.