What's new

Royal Mail Morons

MrQueue

Getting rid of the mail trains is what ruined them.

I remember the days when the post would arrive before I left for work in the morning, now you're lucky if it turns up before lunchtime.

And don't even get me started on parcels, local franchise couriers are proving to be the best bet these days.

daddy fingaz

I sent a package recorded last week, everytime i check their 'track and trace' it tells me 'we have your item' and gives me the address of the bloody post office i sent it from!!! waste of time!!!:mad:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Special Delivery' and it will most likely get there...

'Sign For' and forget it,, your mail is gone!

Hope this helps

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
show support for you local D.O/sort centers/P.O. next week guys...its about time the public showed some support for the mail service..........

STAND STRONG PEOPLE...

keepit green
highlander

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
show support for you local D.O/sort centers/P.O. next week guys...its about time the public showed some support for the mail service..........

We support the local postman in whisky at Christmas... what more do they want ??? If they turn up next week we'll say hello as normal... that's about all !!!

If everyone went on strike, then NOTHING would get done... :D

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The market volume reduced by 10% last year and will shrink much further as everything that can be done online will be done that way to cut costs.

Every strike or threat of one drives ever more business users away to their more efficient competitors and is self defeating.

Competitors have , and will continue to cherry pick the most profitable sectors leaveing RM with the unprofitable irregular sized packages and letters that all require hand sorting

A company i work for switched last year and is saveing money , the per item delivery costs are very close but every item now arrives as promised which has improved the whole system and their reputation which is worth a lot more.

The dispute is in London and seems more about politics than faceing up to reality and accepting change which other areas have.

I work longer hours outdoors for a low wage and do not wish to subsidise the employment or salary of people who are no worse off than i am in a recession.

grimweeder

i only use em for my post i dont really send anything by them, around 25% of my parcels dont arrive when its sent recorded delivery, royal mail in my book are pretty crap, i dunno how they loose so much stuff, or is loose maybe the wrong word.
an it never comes sometimes till 2 pm which is crap if you need to sign for something, then you need to go to the office to pick it up,(used to come before 9 am standard)
then theres the red letter stating postage unpaid an you need to pay £1.10p for it. i dunno how many times ive had this on a just a standard size birthday card with a first class stamp on it an nothing inside.wtf. tryin to con us outta 1 fuckin pound every year.
fair enough they deal with a lot of post but their service should be better basically, especially with wot is actually quit an important job in society when u think about it.
i dont mind the odd thing go missing but when its as regular as it is with me it gets a bit annoying.

U

uncle_shorty

I just got my Boo order by CC and Royal Mail got it to the US in 3 days!!!