What's new

New Caledonia

Eltitoguay

18-May-2024
I mix fertilizers and amendments with the soil, fill the hole again and water...
IMG_20240518_202429.jpg

IMG_20240518_205826.jpg

IMG_20240518_205853.jpg

I let the soil absorb the water for 24 hours, and the substrate begins to dry and reoxygenate.

Eltitoguay

19-May-2024
The next day, I upload up the hill the A.C.E.'s New Caledonia. to transplant it into its hole, which I find like this:
IMG_20240519_145728.jpg

I transplant the seedling, making a tree pit around it, and sprinkling it with diatomaceous earth, and it's done.
IMG_20240519_152630.jpg

1716218272644.png

1716218318834.png

1716218380659.png

1716218449637.png

1716218499731.png

1716218540613.png

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
18-May-2024
More than 20 years ago, I removed a great part of the cement floor and metal mesh from the outdoor part of this old puppy kennel using a metal bar and pickaxe, until reaching the natural floor. Then I dug 5 large holes as deep as I could, removed that soil, and replaced it with commercial substrate (I don't remember how many bags of Canna Terra Profesional + I had to buy), clay, vermiculite, and river sand. Every year, I only remove that old soil, to add fertilizers and amendments.

I normally collect manure/guano from the animals that abound around me (rabbit, chicken, horses, sheep, goat, bat) as fertilizer; but this year I have not been able to for various reasons, and to initially enrich the substrate of each hole, about 300 grams of Atami ATA NGR Upgrade, about 200 grams of Top Crop Superguano, 50 grams of Top Crop Micro Vita, as well as ash from pruning wood (mainly olive, holm oak, palm and palmetto), coffee grounds, diatomaceous earth, empty snail shells, and pine bark.
I choose one of the 5 possible holes for the Nueva Caledonia (A.C.E.) , and I get to work...

Wow, thank you for such detail re all the amendments. Very interesting.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I wish I'd grown more.

I've set off some NC again this year but will give those to a cousin to grow, so hopefully come next spring, I'll have some more to try.🤞
it is about that pheno. those others are not bad... but two of them really stood out... longer flowering... I still cant say how potent it is... I started to smoke it just recently and NC5 is not cured at all. and NC4 has like one month of cure...
NC4.JPG

NC4, she is ugly girl, but smokes heavenly

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Are the 2 that you like fruity?

when I say tastes like mexican at NC5 I mean spicy fruity. similar to oaxacan crosses, just lil different.. similar to zamal x oaxacan I grew, but that was more mango,, this is not mango. there is that plastic element to it... maybe lil anise too...

at NC4 I dont know, it is hard to describe.. not really fruity... it is more like flowery gass... heavy deep spicy flowery vapors smell... maybe it is lil grapey on exhale.. really dont know... when I open the jar of it smells sour savory, but smoke is sweet...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's certainly a line that needs further improvement in upcoming generations and some selection in its current state. Some growers might not find gold in every pack, while others might find a few winners from the same number of seeds. I would definitely recommend germinating at least two packs to increase the chances of finding the fruity winners that I like the most.

RobFromTX

The two thai leaning ladies i had were definitely fruity, you could smell them from outside the tent especially right after the lights turned off. Mine were at 6 weeks flower when i found out we had to move and my wife made me dispose of them. She didn't trust moving them 20 miles down the road in a uhaul, even though the police really don't care about it anymore. True paranoia but arguing with a feisty mexican woman is like hammering your head against a brick wall :p

I definitely plan to run them again down the road