What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
One day I will leave it on 12/12 until it finally has enough growth and maturity, now you know why I was afraid to bring back the schedule when I on accidentally flipped it down, thinking that it would confuse it.... Remember how I was freaking out about when my order would arrive knowing I had until May to leave..... That's exactly why I clogged up the original Killer thread in concern about the time restriction.... The pictures don't really show how well sealed up I've been doing it, but this time it's basically compressed even further with a even more extensive type of sealing and wrapping it up in many many plastic bags, paper, more plastic bags, newspaper, the black HG bad wrapped and squished with even more newspaper.... It literally should be as vaccumed sealed as possible especially now.... Especially the twisting and holding it down technique in each and wrap.... One question though, does this mean now that I have to dry it once every week just to make sure of no mold? It's actually already very bone dry by the way.... I don't even know what year I'll be able to do the next seeds, there five more, if I had or have a house then maybe even some clones.... Ordering was so so stressful that I'm not looking forward to going through all those risks again.... Then again times change.....
Tightly wrapping and withdrawing all the air with a vacuum pump are not the same. Even very tightly wrapped, it still contains air, albeit only a small amount, but sufficient for mould to breed.
Yes, you do need to dry it weekly, although I'd be tempted in your case, to dry it completely now and prevent further mould from spreading.
Next time you must invest in a vacuum sealer machine or use drier starting material (less likely to mould).

Tangwena

Veteran
One day I will leave it on 12/12 until it finally has enough growth and maturity, now you know why I was afraid to bring back the schedule when I on accidentally flipped it down, thinking that it would confuse it.... Remember how I was freaking out about when my order would arrive knowing I had until May to leave..... That's exactly why I clogged up the original Killer thread in concern about the time restriction.... The pictures don't really show how well sealed up I've been doing it, but this time it's basically compressed even further with a even more extensive type of sealing and wrapping it up in many many plastic bags, paper, more plastic bags, newspaper, the black HG bad wrapped and squished with even more newspaper.... It literally should be as vaccumed sealed as possible especially now.... Especially the twisting and holding it down technique in each and wrap.... One question though, does this mean now that I have to dry it once every week just to make sure of no mold? It's actually already very bone dry by the way.... I don't even know what year I'll be able to do the next seeds, there five more, if I had or have a house then maybe even some clones.... Ordering was so so stressful that I'm not looking forward to going through all those risks again.... Then again times change.....
Your a lost cause my friend you constantly ignored advice from multiple people while growing it.
You wouldn't get a timer even though they are cheap, you just kept on freaking out about nothing.
Then harvesting it and now cured it your own way.
I dont understand how you think or apply logic.
DRY it and keep it in a jar, which is what you should have done in the first place.
Keeping even dry buds in a plastic bag in high humidity is always a recipe for mold.
But this is one more piece of advice you will probably ignore.

Nextgeneration73

I smoked it and it was extremely magical, it still seems to be developing though but very cartoony fairytale moments into this portal, if it continues the same way then just wow 😯 I opened it up and it was very very dry and I didn't find anything to be worried about except that it's hella brown with other colors and bone dry and now it's wrapped into only dry papers and compressed even harder..... this panic that reading icmag caused and imagining stuff but then saw that it smelled and looked awesome, the only ones that were supposedly I guess moldy ones are still in a plastic bag and their the ones not to smoke but their only a tiny amount compared to the rest... Also they're in different papers now once again....

Last edited: