What's new

Diary Karma Genetics Tester - Black Domina x Zizi

Brother Nature

Still interested in a smoke report to see if they inherited the black domina high.
They're taking a bit longer to dry as we are coming into our wet and cold season down here, but I had a good sampling of the first two in the Volcano last night and man is this strong weed, definitely Black Domina dominant.

The high wasn't overly physical, but was so relaxing you really don't want to do much after smoking, I'd classify it as a motivation killer, but in a good way haha. It was trippy too, like put some Pink Floyd on the headphones, lay down to stare at the stars, and go for a ride. I wouldn't class this as daytime weed unless you have medicinal needs, but I am very happy with it. If Karma chooses to release this I would happily purchase a pack. The tastes were great too, the orange one tasted like it smelled, but less citrusy if that makes sense. The berry one took on more of a tropical fruit like taste, reminded me of Fruit Loops cereal to an extent.

Still have the CMH plants to come down, about a week left for them. They stretched a lot more so got a bit lanky and unmanageable, but survived a lot better than the LED tent ones. Looking forward to pulling these too.

IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5019.JPG

b8man

Veteran
I think people used to describe the effects of black domina as narcotic.

Appreciate the smoke report Brother Nature.

Brother Nature

Alright, seeing as I butchered the grow journal, I'm gonna try to make up for it with a better grow and smoke report.

First up are the 2 LED tent plants. The 2 in the CMH tent are currently drying and I believe I mislabeled the 5th one so that has just gone into the CMH tent for flowering, will know for sure which one once I can get a good smell off them.

Black Domina x Zizi Pheno 1 -

Grow experience -

Veg stage: Slower vegging plant, but that is generally the case with more indica dominant genetics. Takes a little bit to settle in then takes off. I topped this plant once.

Flower stage: Stretch was around 1.3x, perfect amount to give buds space to fill in the nodes nicely. Started frosting up around week 2, solid nugs forming around week 3, takes off week 5.

Harvest: Dead on 8 weeks, possibly could have gone a few more days, but I tend to pull once I start to see more than 5%ish amber trichomes.

Yield: 100g exactly, I lost a couple buds to mold as my drying area needs a bit of work in the fall, but wouldn't have been more than 5g lost.

Smoke Experience -
(Having a full bowel of each in a Volcano just before reporting)

Smell: Very fruity, with dank undertones, reminds me of fruit loops cereal, but less sugary and more tropical. It's loud too, the small of a couple grams will fill a room.

Taste: Pretty much as it smells, slightly hashy/greasy in the exhale, very nice in a vape or joint.

High: This is pretty much what I look for in an indica leaning plant. It's strong and relaxing, but not in a narcotic way. If I were to equate it to another drug it would be like xanax with a slight mdma like happiness. It doesn't melt you to the couch, but doesn't exactly motivate you either, contemplative. I love having a joint and watching the sunrise or stargazing.

Overall: 8/10, I really like this, it has yield, and an appealing high. I also didn't grow these girls to a standard I was proud of and they still produced something I really enjoy. I would be stoked if Karma released this publicly.

full

Brother Nature

Black Domina x Zizi Pheno 2

Grow experience -
(pretty much the same as P1, but slower in flower and less stretch)

Veg stage: Slower vegging plant, but that is generally the case with more indica dominant genetics. Takes a little bit to settle in then takes off. I topped this plant once.

Flower stage: She stretched very little, maybe 1.1x, bud structure was more solid, wide, and tight than P1. Some purple to the leaves in veg. Tighter nug structure starting around week 2.5, then not really slowing down till week 7. She had beautiful autumn colors around harvest time, leaves started turning purple around week 6ish.

Harvest: Also 8 weeks, could probably have done better being pulled from day 60-65.

Yield: 61g, lost a good top to mold and some others to the drying process, I'd say it was more environmental than genetic though.

Smoke Experience -

Smell: Fruity, but more berry and light citrus than tropical, earthy undertones. Loud but not as obvious as P1.

Taste: Very berry and hashy, with a little citrus.

High: Much more indica focused, heavy in the limbs, slow, somewhat narcotic but without the brain fog I associate with those types of strains. Not as heady as P1, but great for watching a movie or winding down before bed.

Overall rating: 6/10, easy to grow, decent yield, very indica high. I prefer to smoke all day and if I were to smoke on this all day, I'd get very little done, otherwise it'd be a higher rating for me. I'd say with a better run I could have gotten a much better yield, but all up I'd recommend this plant to those looking for the Black Domina side of this cross.

full