What's new

Golden Tiger

amc888

Unfortunately one of the plants turned out to be a male it looks like. I'd be very grateful if anybody confirms it, before the damage is done and the female plant is pollinated. I'll never place any order with Herbies ever again. Last time I had serious germination issues with the seeds I had bought from them, and now a male plant from a pack of feminized seeds.

goingrey

Unfortunately one of the plants turned out to be a male it looks like. I'd be very grateful if anybody confirms it, before the damage is done and the female plant is pollinated. I'll never place any order with Herbies ever again. Last time I had serious germination issues with the seeds I had bought from them, and now a male plant from a pack of feminized seeds.

Well that is a male preflower yeah. Male or hermie.. Wasn't the pack sealed?

amc888

Well that is a male preflower yeah. Male or hermie.. Wasn't the pack sealed?
Thanks for your reply. I'll get rid of it. The pack was sealed, but as per their policy, they removed the seeds from the pack to ship it to my country. I was provided with the video of the process of removing the seeds. And I guess it's a male, not a hermie. Not a single white pistil, only those small balls.

Shua1991

Thanks for your reply. I'll get rid of it. The pack was sealed, but as per their policy, they removed the seeds from the pack to ship it to my country. I was provided with the video of the process of removing the seeds. And I guess it's a male, not a hermie. Not a single white pistil, only those small balls.
That doesn't mean it's not intersex, I had a "male" Golden Tiger show hairs at week 10, it was thai dominant and presented male until week 10 of 10/14. It's just something that occurs with pure sativas/their offspring.

amc888

That doesn't mean it's not intersex, I had a "male" Golden Tiger show hairs at week 10, it was thai dominant and presented male until week 10 of 10/14. It's just something that occurs with pure sativas/their offspring.
Well, I just cut it. Didn't want to risk to be honest. The second Golden Tiger is full of hairs.

Chuckeye

Not, no pollen has been produced yet ;)

Cheers

Chuckeye

Sure, but this is the first time I was encountering problem like this. So I thought better be safe than sorry.
I would do the same thing, I have no need for pollen.

But, I've grown nine strains from Herbies and all have been Excellent.

Shyt happens, I wouldn't be bad mouthing a company over one issue....

Cheers

amc888

I would do the same thing, I have no need for pollen.

But, I've grown nine strains from Herbies and all have been Excellent.

Shyt happens, I wouldn't be bad mouthing a company over one issue....

Cheers
Where did you see I was badmouthing Herbies? I was just stating the facts that I had had issues with the seeds I had bought from them and had no desire to have any further business with them. Did I call them names? No. Did I offend them? Again no. And I am glad you've had great experience with them. Have a nice day.