What's new

Medical Marijuana is Still a Risky Business

Skip

Veteran
Despite being legal in 13 states, medical marijuana still carries a lot of risk for those who grow and distribute it to patients. Because all marijuana uses are still prohibited by the Federal government, dispensaries fear arrest and confiscation of their product and revenue if they don't get shutdown altogether. Recent closures of dozens of dispensaries by the authorities in Los Angeles and San Diego highlight these risks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/us/10pot.html (reg. required)

Or

http://psychologyofpain.blogspot.com/2009/10/marijuana-licensing-fails-to-chase.html

Those who are allowed grow cannabis for patients or themselves are afraid of getting ripped off or having their property confiscated if they step over the line legally.

So the ongoing legalization of medical marijuana hasn't ensured safe access, as growers and distributors in New Mexico can attest. Their activities must remain secret out of fear.

Don't want to live your life in fear because you use, grow or distribute marijuana? Then LEGALIZE IT!

pot_graphic_full.jpg

Last edited:

litebuzz

well that right side diagram is wrong. unfortunately nh has a fukin douchebag of a governor and he vetoed the med mj bill.

Herbasaurus

ICMag Donor
Saw this in the NYT today also.

Intersting that the Border patrol is still ging ho after the Justice Dept. told everyone to back off those in complia
nce with state laws.

toohighmf

Veteran
there are certainly better business or non profit org. models that seem much better written/legislated in other states and you are right, CA should be studying these other med state laws that allow for the distribution of med. Cannabis. While '96-'06 was such a grey area as to what or not do in retrospect to the vague and poorly legislated prop 215. (And I am most certainly thankful!) We knew this time was coming when the state was going to re-evaluate CA's loosely worded, poorly written and really ultimately gave cash croppers the advantage. As much as some of us see it as harmless viable tax cash cow for CA, it seems to me, that CA wants more than tax revenue out of it. this is the first step to regulation and certification for state contracted growers to wholesale to them, as they CA dispenses it themselves and collects up to 50% more money! ok. really stoned. I hope I made sense...

K

Kola Radical

Afraid of our own government as usual.

Vietnam veterans and others who risked their lives for this corrupt country are now considered criminals for treating their own crippling diseases that they received while serving as modern day slaves in the military.

Just keep bending over for them and nothing will ever change.

toohighmf

Veteran
I had to bump this because it needs to be discussed in more detail by more members. Thanks skip

Latest posts

Latest posts