What's new

Mars 1

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I saw a piece on Sky News about this today. The pundit they had on said that even if the crew managed to survive the trip and landing, their muscles would have atrophied so much (due to lack of gravity for 6 months), they'd not be able to do much once they got to Mars.

Crews of four every two years? I wonder how they'll force the later people to get on board after the first ship or two go 'pop'...

mr.brunch

Veteran
They are also going to film the whole thin reality tv style, which will apparently generate £ towards the whole thing.
Not sure I believe it's not just a publicity stunt yet, but if it's real then it's epic.

igrowone

Veteran
the 1 way colonization of mars has been out there for a while
it's cheap, at least compared to 2 way travel and a permanent base
to boldly go where no man has gone before?
well, pioneers do catch the occasional arrow
but if it happens, the slogan is ready: And Mars Needs Women!

vostok

Veteran
I'm for getting out planet sorted before we go trash another, hope is a fine resource, money spent on running from our waste is better spent on correcting waste and excessive population

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Is this for real?

http://www.mars-one.com

Looks so interesting....if it's for real

Human Settlement on Mars

Mars One will establish a permanent human settlement on Mars. Crews of four will depart every two years, starting in 2024. Our first unmanned mission will be launched in 2018. Join the Global Mars One Community and participate in our mission to Mars.

- See more at: http://www.mars-one.com/#sthash.vT6a3hal.dpuf
9 years ago... I don't think that Tesla Boy is ready to send someone to Mars... he can't even bring back his empty rockets, thrown and exploded everytime... with its debris falling over cities...
At least more 9 years, but I believe that it will take almost 100 years for this thing... Technology is not what people think it is.

There is a rover over Mars... sending images, anything beyond this.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Never made it to the moon, won't make it to Mars, can't get past the Van Allen radiation belts.
"space may be the final frontier, but its made in a hollywood basement"

ya was a race we couldnt let russia win we never made it outta low earth orbit. in 06 they said they lost the raw telemetry tape recordings the juicy bits we need to debunk it all. alotta anomalies on the moonwalk pics that dont add up heard some are using AI software to find edits and photoshop

Latest posts

Latest posts