What's new

What Must Be Done With China

Gry

Veteran
Would anyone who has contributed to this thread be at all familiar with the story of how
the trade in ludes was shut down ?
If one were to look into that, the question would be why does what worked then not work now. My response is that we were lied to about what happened then, just as we are
now.

Brother Nature

The irony that The West spent 500 years forcing China to 'open up' to world trade, to 'take advantage' of the vast market and production potential. Then it spends the last 20 trying to close them down.

I'm looking forward to the Fentanyl Wars, when China annexes Liverpool for 150 years to keep Britain hooked on the stuff.

What we have today is a World Empire. The individual nation states don't matter much. It's huge multinational corporations that operate independent of political or racial ideologies serving vast networks of consumers around the globe. You can't cut out an individual nation state without cutting your own consumers' throats. Especially if it takes up half of the biggest most populated continent.

An example is how well the sanctions on Russia have not worked. The result has been China and India get discount oil, the German technological arms manufacturers have to re-route their Russian shipments through Asia. Covid was a warning.

If I was a politician serving a conglomerate of consumers, or the consumers themselves, I'd be terrified of losing an essential chunk out of the world trade network. It's suicidal. If you want to get rid of China, or Kuwait, or the EU, you should have done it 25, 50, 100, or 500 years ago. A little late now. Didn't see many of you at the WTO riots. Wait a sec, I wasn't there either, I was off picking mushrooms...
With the absence of a like button in this thread, this is a great post. (y)

moose eater

What to do about China?

Make sure one does business with reputable companies that pay the extra cost for better quality control in Chinese assembly plants, and domestically, order more take-out; the food's often good, relatively inexpensive, and spans how many yummy regional cuisines? Though I'm partial to Szechuan, myself...

I think the more pertinent and helpful questions involve what we're going to do about the United States being indirectly run by MIC/DoD contractors, Wall St., pharmaceutical and insurance thieves, Israeli war criminals via their lobbyists, and the failed, spewing-insultingly-goofy-nationalist-propaganda, hyper-partisan, willfully blindered 2-party system that offers up 'leadership' that has become more and more laughable/disgusting with each passing election cycle, turning mediocrity into an art form?

What are we going to do about THAT? I mean, at least that shit's ours, and thereby our right to govern or abolish!!

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
What to do about China?

Make sure one does business with reputable companies that pay the extra cost for better quality control in Chinese assembly plants, and domestically, order more take-out; the food's often good, relatively inexpensive, and spans how many yummy regional cuisines? Though I'm partial to Szechuan, myself...

I think the more pertinent and helpful questions involve what we're going to do about the United States being indirectly run by MIC/DoD contractors, Wall St., pharmaceutical and insurance thieves, Israeli war criminals via their lobbyists, and the failed, spewing-insultingly-goofy-nationalist-propaganda, hyper-partisan, willfully blindered 2-party system that offers up 'leadership' that has become more and more laughable/disgusting with each passing election cycle, turning mediocrity into an art form?

What are we going to do about THAT? I mean, at least that shit's ours, and thereby our right to govern or abolish!!
Salute to moose eater once more. Can't help but think well of the posts by Brother Nature, and the revverend as well. Not to overlook Cannavore and aoh each of whom have managed to insert common sense and decency in everything they have posted for years.