What's new

smoking pipe question

sajesak

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of pipe smoking and find myself eager to learn from those with more experience. I've recently taken up this classic hobby and have been experimenting with different tobacco blends.

However, I'm faced with a myriad of choices when it comes to pipes, packing techniques, and maintenance. I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations on pipe selection, packing methods, and any general tips you might have.

How do you choose your tobacco? Any favorite brands or blends? And, most importantly, how do you keep your pipes in top-notch condition?

Looking forward to soaking up your collective wisdom!

sajesak

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of pipe smoking and find myself eager to learn from those with more experience. I've recently taken up this classic hobby and have been experimenting with different tobacco blends.

However, I'm faced with a myriad of choices when it comes to pipes, packing techniques, and maintenance. I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations on pipe selection, packing methods, and any general tips you might have.

How do you choose your tobacco? Any favorite brands or blends? And, most importantly, how do you keep your pipes in top-notch condition of Girly pipes?

appreciate any input. thanks in advance

goingrey

The key to maintenance is to clean often and to have many pipes in rotation so they get to rest between smokes. Or even smarter to smoke so rarely that even one pipe gets the rest. To pack it you fill the bowl pack it down to like half way then fill it up pack it down a little and then fill up once again. That's what I remember anyway, been years since I last smoked tobacco.

What I really liked was a tobacco called Nightcap. Room note is terrible, it's not that nice pipe smell from your grandpa's pipe. More like some Soviet cheap cigarette. But the taste was really something and the effects were like a drug. Now it's banned here because it's flavored (with some kind of booze I think) and flavored tobacco is attractive to kids they say, don't think any kids were going for this one though. :D

goingrey

Hmm the internet says it's not flavored with anything actually. Maybe it would still be available.

HarleySW

Hey everyone,

How do you choose your tobacco? Any favorite brands or blends? And, most importantly, how do you keep your pipes in top-notch condition?

Hello dude,

Permit me to welcome you to the world of using pipes! It's exciting to learn that you are getting better experiences in this activity.

My helpful tip for taking care of your pipes is to give them a break between uses. This will stop too much heat and make sure they last longer. Remember to always clean your pipe so it doesn't get dirty inside. Pipe cleaners and a soft pipe tool will be your best friends.

For picking tobacco, look into different mixes to see what you like. Just relax while pipe smoking, because it's all about enjoying the experience.

Remember, we don’t have the same experience when it comes to smoking. So please ask for advice that will help your own choices. Enjoy your exploration bro

brickweeder

How do you choose your tobacco?
when starting out, look at reviews, pull the trigger, then see what u like.

Any favorite brands or blends?
Dunhill's Standard Mixture (peterson now owns this brand) is a nice english blend that is quite tasty. I think the right amount of latakia is what makes this blend so good.

Squadron Leader is just plain rich and delicious, and if pipes were joints, I'd having nothing left but nubs.

These are my two favs and my recommendations to try...but whatever you try, plz post your opinions.

Also, get an inexpensive pipe tamper, because when you light a packed bowl, the baccy tends to fluff up on the top and you have to lightly tamp the lit strands back down to get the cherry going.

Latest posts

Latest posts