What's new

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Preview of my summer/autumn grow - there will be 1 each of these fem seeds along with my Panama x Thai regs. It will be a Panama heavy grow!

DSCF0742[1].JPG

revegeta666

Preview of my summer/autumn grow - there will be 1 each of these fem seeds along with my Panama x Thai regs. It will be a Panama heavy grow!

View attachment 19004039
Looking forward to Panamania. When are you germinating them? This year I'm skipping the summer grow and will germinate probably mid august. Will grow in small pots in vegetable crates like you do. I will mount them on my supermarket carts though :biggrin:

El Timbo

Looking forward to Panamania. When are you germinating them? This year I'm skipping the summer grow and will germinate probably mid august. Will grow in small pots in vegetable crates like you do. I will mount them on my supermarket carts though :biggrin:

How long are you going to veg them? With lights at night? I like the trolley idea - I've dreamt of using a garage as the dark room and a large trolley to bring them out into the sun in the day. It could even be automated!

My plan is to replicate last summer's grow of pure panama and pure thai - germinate at the beginning of July, 8 - 10 weeks veg under a light shade with some supplementary lights at night then flower outside with no shade.

Last year the Panamas didn't grow very tall so even though their buds are very well structured their yield was low. On the plus side they got on with flowering very quickly after I switched off the supplementary lights.

The Thais grew very tall and lanky and their buds were very small, they also needed some time on 11/13 in the dark cupboard to get them flowering and their males were very slow in producing pollen.

So I'm hoping for the perfect blend of the 2! I like them both to consume and the thai x panama was excellent.

Last edited:

revegeta666

In the fields where I walk my dogs every morning they use heavy duty trolleys that are made specifically for the standard vegetable crates. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow .They look just perfect for this. They do look expensive though.

My plan is to germinate august 1st, grow them indoors for a couple of weeks, then get them outside with supplemental light until sexed then flower then in 7L pots. All of them Mediterranean hashplants. I might change my mind before then, it wouldn't be the first time 🤦‍♂️

What about the other cross? Didn't you also grow Panama X Thai? Or am I misremembering

El Timbo

Probably the same trolleys they use at my market - the hash plants sound good. Yes I'll be growing the Panama x Thai regs as well. I'll start the 6 fems and 14 regs in the small pots then I'll reduce the regs to 9 for the next size. Flowering will be the 6 fems in one crate in 7 litre pots and the PxT regs in the other crate.

revegeta666

I've been trying to attract more insects - I need to encourage them to live here I think!
Drilling holes into the pergola like you did is a great first step. Another couple of things that have worked very well for me to keep bees, hoverflies and wasps around:

- have weed plants as close possible to other flowering plants, like lavender, rosemary, stuff like that.
- during early spring I collect pollen from cypresses and leave a little bit on the lower leaves of the weed plants. They will go to the weed plants on purpose instead of sjust wandering around them.
- have a tupperware with fresh water and a rock inside it so they climb out (otherwise most of them drown) like this:
IMG_20240504_105002.jpg

That way they don't have to go look for water elsewhere.