What's new

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostSoulsofHaze

Alright I’m outta here ! It’s guys like this the reason why so many good breeders I guess still clutching great genetics, and don’t want to share. I honestly don’t blame them now! Wow sorry @MadMac all your hard work for someone to buy a 10 pack then slap a patent on it. Peace
Mac knows me, he can get ahold of me whenever he wants. He also sells seeds but I just can't bring myself to tell you where.

LostSoulsofHaze

We are not growing Haze commercially anymore. Not much of a market for long flowering equatorial sativas. We did hold an OLCC license. We had incredible groundwater contamination that forced us to abandon our home and sell our producer license.

Last edited:

Disso

Mac knows me, he can get ahold of me whenever he wants. He also sells seeds but I just can't bring myself to tell you where.
AFAIK, Mac, Golli, and JohnnyChicago are responsbile for working this line, and of course the prior work done to introduce and proliferate haze in the earlier days by the old legends. So Mac aside, we know that you know, JohnnyChicago is deeply unhappy about work he shared and collaborated on in good faith, being taken down the patent pathway, especially by someone that bought a single pack and grew 3 females. You don't seem to be too concerned with that however.
We are not growing Haze commercially anymore. Not much of a market for long flowering equatorial sativas. We did hold an OLCC license. We had incredible groundwater contamination that forced us to abandon our home and sell our producer license.
So let me get this straight, you tried to make it as a grower, realized its a tough industry in general, and that there's not much profit in growing relatively unpopular long flowering sativa/equatorials, may have been thrown a curveball along the way (who hasn't), and now you've pivoted to linking up with the pharmaceutical industry, despite your supposed disdain for them as they exemplify everything wrong with capitalism.

I find it convenient how only when trying to rationalize your position to critics, do you mention using the patent to potentially negotiate price ceilings etc. that would benefit patients/consumers. There seemed to be little to no consideration to the patient anywhere prior, besides the bold claim of 'spread this medicine to the most people possible through pharmaceuticalizing it'.
The plant already is a medicine, naturally. It does not require pharmaceutical intervention and processing to be an effective medicine. You claim pharmaceuticalizing it is THE way to get it out to the patients that need it!
But I notice you didn't attempt to spread awareness, didn't attempt to share this cut at least publicly (and I'm guessing privately too), didn't publicly share this knowledge/'discovery' until AFTER your patent had been approved. Funny how that works... GG4 sure made it pretty far, and if your OH is as special and medicinal as you say it is, why do you not have faith it would catch on and exceed the spread of GG4?

You can harp on about pharmaceuticalizing being the only way to get it out broadly, but I think it may be more accurate to say, that was the only way of spreading it whilst lining your pockets as much as possible.

AmericanFarmer

AFAIK, Mac, Golli, and JohnnyChicago are responsbile for working this line, and of course the prior work done to introduce and proliferate haze in the earlier days by the old legends. So Mac aside, we know that you know, JohnnyChicago is deeply unhappy about work he shared and collaborated on in good faith, being taken down the patent pathway, especially by someone that bought a single pack and grew 3 females. You don't seem to be too concerned with that however.

So let me get this straight, you tried to make it as a grower, realized its a tough industry in general, and that there's not much profit in growing relatively unpopular long flowering sativa/equatorials, may have been thrown a curveball along the way (who hasn't), and now you've pivoted to linking up with the pharmaceutical industry, despite your supposed disdain for them as they exemplify everything wrong with capitalism.

I find it convenient how only when trying to rationalize your position to critics, do you mention using the patent to potentially negotiate price ceilings etc. that would benefit patients/consumers. There seemed to be little to no consideration to the patient anywhere prior, besides the bold claim of 'spread this medicine to the most people possible through pharmaceuticalizing it'.
The plant already is a medicine, naturally. It does not require pharmaceutical intervention and processing to be an effective medicine. You claim pharmaceuticalizing it is THE way to get it out to the patients that need it!
But I notice you didn't attempt to spread awareness, didn't attempt to share this cut at least publicly (and I'm guessing privately too), didn't publicly share this knowledge/'discovery' until AFTER your patent had been approved. Funny how that works... GG4 sure made it pretty far, and if your OH is as special and medicinal as you say it is, why do you not have faith it would catch on and exceed the spread of GG4?

You can harp on about pharmaceuticalizing being the only way to get it out broadly, but I think it may be more accurate to say, that was the only way of spreading it whilst lining your pockets as much as possible.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.