What's new

Looking for a auto watering system dripper but what i need to buy?

Tangwena

Veteran
Are you in soil or coco?
I like soil because it acts as a buffer and supplies trace elements, but I don't have much experience with coco
I have been using coco now for 16 years mixed with chunks of coco husk.
Its very forgiving if you over feed you can flush it out and get back to square one instantly.
Soil is great if outside in the sun but for faster growth and flowering I love coco and coco nutes by canna.

StickyBandit

Its very forgiving if you over feed you can flush it out and get back to square one instantly.
Soil is great if outside in the sun but for faster growth and flowering I love coco and coco nutes by canna.
Thanks for the reply. I might just try this :)
I have some canna coco bricks on the shelf and some canna coco nutes 2 pack, as it happens. Do you mix anything else with the coco like perlite? What about pot size?

Tangwena

Veteran
These pics were taken weekly starting 5 of November and finishing 15th of December.
The plants are Santa Marta Gold x Demon Latcher and Acapulco Gold in the front.
They have been on 10 hours light since germing and now are on 8.5 hours light a day to reduce stretch and initiate flowering straight away.
2 months from seed which were planted 1st week of October.
So by harvest end of January 4 months from seed to buds.

IMG_2116.JPG
img_2134-web.jpg
inkedimg_2137-web-web.jpg
img_2139-web.jpg
img_2164-web.jpg
img_2183-web.jpg

I will be back home end of January with them auto fed for 5 weeks by the blumats while I'm away I will post pics of what I find on my return good or bad.

This last pic was December 19 before I left I had removed one Acapulco Gold plant as it was less than impressive resin wise.
img_2266-web.jpg

Last edited:

Fiet

Another option:

Oh i see my friend was to stupid for them ;-) i read the Manuel and the Netafim needs a 1 Bar Pressure that they work and gibe 2l/Hour so this guy use a 0.13 Bar Pump 600l/hour that's way not enough i can't understand how he makes 2 grows with that and not wundering why the system is not working lol

I don't use them because i don't have a 1 Bar Pump but i will use some drippers and test them out! This Blumat stuff looking awesome but i like to manage the timer and let the Plants watering how i like. But i will buy the Blumat carrots for my balcony and Grow surely Tomatoes with it :) I will try Herp to but then i have to use a Tank above the pot hight right?

Reactions: JKD

Fiet

I using Coco for 4 year's i think ore 3 :) i also read the Heads3Formular thread here on that board i never have a problem with Coco always great success but i like Plagron Coco more then Canna but sure both are great! Blumat with Coco is great too?

Fiet

i only used blumats and i liked them too

just dont feed anything organic with them because the thin lines clog up and stuff and always keep the plants in a tray with bigger capacity than your tank in case of runoff

and you can connect them into a live faucet with blumat pressure reducer but again in that case you must always be monitoring your plants or add some safety valves to cut the water flow if there is a runoff (i dont know their name).

other than that i like blumats and the company is cool, they stayed behind their product when i had a failure with an element in my system.

I think about to buy the Blumat Drippers if my other idea fail ore cost to much money.. How can the small dripper feed the complete container i read 1 carrot can feed a 25cm Pott maybe 2 of then are great they come with 12 pieces.. But how i deal with salt built up in the coco media??? The system looks great i read the last day's about it but i like to control the water flow Manuel but gravity sounds great too i have to think about it.

StickyBandit

I purchased the blumat system and I need to get some pots. What size should I get for coco grows?

Edit: Actually, I might look at the instructions in the box but still interested in opinions :)

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I think about to buy the Blumat Drippers if my other idea fail ore cost to much money.. How can the small dripper feed the complete container i read 1 carrot can feed a 25cm Pott maybe 2 of then are great they come with 12 pieces.. But how i deal with salt built up in the coco media??? The system looks great i read the last day's about it but i like to control the water flow Manuel but gravity sounds great too i have to think about it.

@Tangwena suggested feeding lower strength to avoid salt buildup. The recommendation is in an earlier post

Edit: Read the instructions. Extra drippers may be added to a carrot for larger pots so you only need one carrot per pot with up to 5 drippers. The first at 8cm from the carrot then 20cm apart after that

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena suggested feeding lower strength to avoid salt buildup. The recommendation is in an earlier post
Yes I never have salt build up in my coco the plants are always hungry and use up everything.
After the grow is harvested I flush the coco with straight water and then re use the same coco for the next lot.

LostTribe

Premium user
I hated the blumats. I went back to a basic pond pump running open 1/4 lines with stakes and a 8x rainbird manifold. Cheap and effective. You will need a way to catch or drain your waste water but this method is tried and true. DTW. Can't leave blumats for a week without major issues. I can leave this for 2 weeks with a big enough res.

Fiet

Edit: Read the instructions. Extra drippers may be added to a carrot for larger pots so you only need one carrot per pot with up to 5 drippers. The first at 8cm from the carrot then 20cm apart after that

I make a drain to waist with my own drippers and with a timer and a feeding program so i have the control :) blumats are maybe nice but i love to control.. I bought a 2000l EHEIM Pump and a friend have the Hydro Halos great combination i belive

Fiet

I hated the blumats. I went back to a basic pond pump running open 1/4 lines with stakes and a 8x rainbird manifold. Cheap and effective. You will need a way to catch or drain your waste water but this method is tried and true. DTW. Can't leave blumats for a week without major issues. I can leave this for 2 weeks with a big enough res.

Think that also so let it drain lol