What's new

International Canna'Community Cookbook Breakfast/Brunch Recipes

Nikijad4210

Veteran
I see we have a few recipe threads going, Main Dishes, Desserts, etc. But we don't have one for breakfasts? Well, now we do :D

Let's have at it folks, share your breakfast recipes!

Here's one I cooked this morning. I'm not the best chef there is....Hell, I'm barely palatable, lol. But once in a great while, I hit the bullseye on the first try.

Pancakes (or as Wolf calls them, Flapjacks)

1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 and 1/4 cups of water
3 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 of a teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of oil (I used vegetable oil, only stuff I have right now)
3 tablespoons of regular non-dairy coffee creamer
1 egg
Cinnamon powder
2 bowls

Bowl #1:
Beat the egg well in one bowl, almost whipping it.
Mix in the water, oil, and honey, blending well---Again, almost whipping it.

Bowl #2:
In the second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, creamer and 3 decent pinches of cinnamon powder.
Mix thoroughly.

Mix bowl #2 in to bowl #1, and whip for several minutes until the batter is a creamy consistancey. This isn't hard by hand, but likey would be a lot easier (and quicker) with an electric mixer.

Lightly grease frying pan, be it with butter or oil (unless you have a genuine non-stick pan, then greasing it's not necessary)
After the pan warms up, spoon a couple of scoops of batter into the pan, flipping after a few minutes.
Repeat as many times as necessary, then dig in :D

This doesn't take long at all to prepare, maybe 15-20 minutes from gathering the amounts to when the pan's hot enough.
Afterwards, cooking time seems to be about 15-30 minutes for this batch, depending on your pace.

Also, this batch made us about 20 small pancakes, as I was using a small soup ladle to spoon the batter into the pan. This easily can make anywhere from 20 small ones with a small ladle, to 8 or so larger pancakes at the least with a larger ladle.

These pancakes have a light hint of honey, a mild hint of cinnamon (nowhere near overpowering) I used the water & creamer in place of milk, because Wolf can't have dairy. I wanted to experiment with it to try to give it a buttermilk-like flavor, and I gotta admit, it's pretty damn close.

Overall, they're pretty freakin' good---dense, yet fluffy, and none of the flavors are overpowering. Like I already said, they're pretty freakin' good.

Last edited:
G

Omelette...ing it out...

Omelette...ing it out...

Nikijad4210, The wive sez' I can't give out family recipes anymore...
But she's out having her "my day" (Happy birthday my love) so...

Omelette

2 Large eggs
1-2 TBS Mayonnaise (I don't really know, about enough for two slices of bread though)

In your omelette pan over low heat, put in equal parts butter and olive oil, around one Tablespoon in all. Mix eggs/Mayo untill smooth, Don't whip it, just fold with a fork. Pour into the pan swirl to cover bottom. Cook, covered, over low heat untill just set, about three minutes. Add your fillings and cover and cook about two more minutes. Slide the omelette filling side first onto a plate, folding it in half with the pan.

This omelette will melt in your mouth. So light without being "fluffy".

Some unusual fillings

Steamed whole Asparagus & Feta Cheese. Blue or Cottage Cheese works well here to. A little diced Ham/Bacon gives it a "smoked" touch.
Leftover Chili & Colby Cheese (top with fresh diced Onions & Bell peppers)
Diced Ham & Cottage Cheese (drain the cheese well before hand)
Fried diced Potatos with or without cheese