What's new

How cold is too cold???

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I wouldn'tworry about what kills them, but about what temperature the growth is slowed down. And I read that happens near 15C, so maybe you should reduce a bit of the lights and add a bit of warmth from that electricity u save on the lights, since at 10C they will be barely alive and some of that electricity used by the lights will be wasted anyway because of temps.
At the end of the day you want growing plants, not plants that are barely alive.. :2cents:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plants can take lower temps than you think and do ok. better to run lights at night for extra warmth when it is colder.
in cold spells i often get temps of lower than 10C and it goes down to about 7C sometimes in lights off, sometimes only 15-20 degrees lights on and its not ideal, but they still do their thing and look ok and harvest ok.
soil is better at 20 or above and having low wattage heat mat or something to heat the soil a bit helps you get away with lower overall temps but it is hard to heat the soil enough and not too much you need to keep an eye on it.
VG

Three Berries

Bucket heat tape and insulator.jpg

audiohi

Veteran
I know you said that you're trying to avoid a heater, but that's really going to be tough.

You could try a dehumidifier during lights out. It'll keep the humidity down while creating heat. It might get you a little closer to where you need to be.

Latest posts

Latest posts