What's new

Hash review 2024 icmagcup

bibi40

I finished 82 today. The only one hash that was judged in the powder form.
I cannot stop smelling the box. Tangerine-ambery-resiny, full body scent. Reminds me a little woody-violet aftertones from one collogne I used. Really like this terpene profile, wonder how piatella would taste from that plant.
exciting !

did you or anyone got some pics of this piatella thing ?
since i got my first attempt to made some ,
( and i guess i failed about ... ) ,

not so much documentation about this ,
want more !

Piecho

exciting !

did you or anyone got some pics of this piatella thing ?
since i got my first attempt to made some ,
( and i guess i failed about ... ) ,

not so much documentation about this ,
want more !
I would start from reading in Cold Press Club and trying to find any contact here.
As I remember ChillyWilly posted pics of the all hashes in the main thread. Still, difficult to see the structure in the small samples. And they have to be fresh, so nothing from trying to shoot now from my "leftovers".

Recently somebody shared with me this video, there are some nice close ups. Maybe checking the participants and contacting them via IG is also a good idea.

Piecho

The idea is simple. You make fresh frozen ice hash, then preferably freeze dry it. You vacuum seal the resin and store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks when it starts to become fudge, crystalized honey consistency. You want to avoid access to the air and light, keep the temperature constant and low, but above 0C. But hey, thats only theory from my side, would give it a try if opportunity to grow indoor appears.

Looking forward to see your tries and read more about it, crossing fingers @bibi40 !

bibi40

The idea is simple. You make fresh frozen ice hash, then preferably freeze dry it. You vacuum seal the resin and store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks when it starts to become fudge, crystalized honey consistency. You want to avoid access to the air and light, keep the temperature constant and low, but above 0C. But hey, thats only theory from my side, would give it a try if opportunity to grow indoor appears.

Looking forward to see your tries and read more about it, crossing fingers @bibi40 !
yes i know about the process , that's what i did try to replicate , but without the freeze dryer since i don' t have one , so it' s certainly an important thing ...

:tiphat:

chiesesganja

I finished 82 today. The only one hash that was judged in the powder form.
I cannot stop smelling the box. Tangerine-ambery-resiny, full body scent. Reminds me a little woody-violet aftertones from one collogne I used. Really like this terpene profile, wonder how piatella would taste from that plant.
my friend said it did not sticky enough

Piecho

yes i know about the process , that's what i did try to replicate , but without the freeze dryer since i don' t have one , so it' s certainly an important thing ...

:tiphat:
It's a vary handy tool to have, but still you can get good quality with microplanning. Also wish to have access to : p

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
as you said , difficult to see the structure ,
and in the video , same same ,
for now i can' t make a difference between fresh frozen an piatella ,

so let's investigate more ...

thanks for the answer !
Piatella has more of a traditional hash look, sort of....block like, you can shave off pieces to smoke...though its like shaving a firm jelly..

My friend gifted me some purple piatella that he made from a purple berry strain, I forget the name...and I gave some to a mate, who manages a farm with a venue and restaurant..and I was invited to a preopening test run of the restaurant..They did a venison "potjie", a tradtional cast iron pot with legs in the fire, cook all day layered pot stew...The meat was kudu antelope and had mushrooms, potatoes, and a red wine sauce etc..and I was told plums, by my third helping, it was amazing, I still had the munchies and getting quite stoned and suspicious, inquired a bit more... The chef had made an olive oil infusion of the purple piatella and that had gone into the "potjie" and with the red wine made the whole dam thing taste of red plums, was truly delicious..I still had another helping.

I smoke joints, hash joints mainly, so piatella and fresh frozen and all quite a waste on me, but sometimes I break out the Puffco and take a jar out the cold store and savour the stuff.. But proper piatella is a treat, as is any good hash. Which reminds me, I have a jar of cheese rosin that someone promised me that I must go collect! I'd take the dry sift of that over almost all other fancy hashes. The fresh frozen off that is unreal, I've not encountered it's piatella yet, unfortunately.

Anyway back to the show...I like to ramble.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
It's a vary handy tool to have, but still you can get good quality with microplanning. Also wish to have access to : p
Look I was making full melt bubble in big fist sized lumps of amber in washing machines ten years back, and the stuff was unreal...Mate sold it on the silk road as the cheese AAA, some of it even got to pusher street where I was told it was the best stuff they had ever smoked, just before the long time hash seller passed out...But...You cannot even compare it to the quality that one can get without the oxidation...Someone who has the gear to preserve the cold chain from harvest to smoke, aside from the press, will make a grade of hash that was just not possible before..

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran

Cold cure in fridge for minimum 70 days preferably 90 days + to get the texture. That’s why it’s so pricey, you’re paying for patience!!

@bibi40 it is essentially just fancy aged fresh frozen. A bit like comparing Prosecco to vintage Champagne.

Peace

bibi40

Cold cure in fridge for minimum 70 days preferably 90 days + to get the texture. That’s why it’s so pricey, you’re paying for patience!!

@bibi40 it is essentially just fancy aged fresh frozen. A bit like comparing Prosecco to vintage Champagne.

Peace
thanks mate ,

i certainly mess up somewhere ,
i am at 6 month cured at 6°c and i didn' t get the " fudge " texture ,
it' s excellent , at taste and effect , but just fresh frozen aspect ,
i will let it cure more , and do another try with my next outdoor .

Cheers !

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
thanks mate ,

i certainly mess up somewhere ,
i am at 6 month cured at 6°c and i didn' t get the " fudge " texture ,
it' s excellent , at taste and effect , but just frseh frozen aspect ,
i will let it cure more , and do another try with my next outdoor .

Cheers !

What is the texture like after 6 months?

I think it’s important to use only the highest quality full melt to begin with, they only use 90u, and they also make it from indoor flower which has different terpene expression to outdoor flowers. It is the terpene content and high cannabinoid content that results in the nucleation and fudge texture.

Peace

bibi40

What is the texture like after 6 months?

I think it’s important to use only the highest quality full melt to begin with, they only use 90u, and they also make it from indoor flower which has different terpene expression to outdoor flowers. It is the terpene content and high cannabinoid content that results in the nucleation and fudge texture.

Peace
it' s like that :

was outdoor ( but quality ) buds , but was 160 to 25 mic , will have to use more bags next time , many thanks for all the info , will stop to hijack this thread now ;)

Last edited:

Piecho

my friend said it did not sticky enough
Honestly I liked it for it was. Really nice quality dry sift/static (?) with the outstanding blonde-yellow resin. As I mentioned, also liked the terps profile.

#88 I'm finishing today is definitely higher quality. One of the piatellas, terps keeps buzzing and sparkling on my tongue. It is also on the dried side of the piatellas in the competition and still keeps the terps and quality kept in the fridge. Very clean, complex taste profile with dominant orange, orange peel and some spicy-rosemary herbal background.
Definitely will threat this experience as learning in the hash world : 3

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
it' s like that :

was outdoor ( but quality ) buds , but was 160 to 25 mic , will gave to use more bags next time , many thanks for all the info , will stop to hijack this thread now ;)

I see the texture you mean and I have had stuff come out like this and it can be genetics, too many damaged trichomes, too many trichome stalks or contaminant, how it was dried after extracting, or just the maturity of the trichomes.

Another thing to consider is that frozen hash makers chop early, sometimes as early as 40 days, which for sure affects the trichome profile. Fully mature trichomes will act differently to younger ones.

It’s an art form for sure! Look forward to your work in the future. 👍

Peace

chiesesganja

Honestly I liked it for it was. Really nice quality dry sift/static (?) with the outstanding blonde-yellow resin. As I mentioned, also liked the terps profile.

#88 I'm finishing today is definitely higher quality. One of the piatellas, terps keeps buzzing and sparkling on my tongue. It is also on the dried side of the piatellas in the competition and still keeps the terps and quality kept in the fridge. Very clean, complex taste profile with dominant orange, orange peel and some spicy-rosemary herbal background.
Definitely will threat this experience as learning in the hash world : 3
what was that hair taste like haha

Latest posts

Latest posts